Recent rains and ramp access at Berry

StogieMan

Recent rains and ramp access at Berry

Post by StogieMan »

does anyone know if Capell Cove has reopened given the wet last 2 months we have had?
duckslut23

Re: Recent rains and ramp access at Berry

Post by duckslut23 »

I fished last Wednesday and another angler at markley ramp said it was still closed.
Bravo12

Post by Bravo12 »

I have been wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone can confirm if it is or isn't open.
Catmantwo

Post by Catmantwo »

I am not sure what they are doing at Berryessa with all this "RECENT RAIN".
On 11/27 the lake was 395.99, as of 1/17 (the most recent report) the lake is at 398.06.

If I remember correctly, Capel needs to be around 412 to be usable.
norcalracer

Post by norcalracer »

you are close, we need another 4-5 feet of elevation before the ramp can reopen! I we can get anther 3' very soon it would prob. do so! I drive by almost everyday going to my shop. Same goes for the Markley Cove main ramp, since they did some digging out this summer lloks to be about the same elevation is needed.
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

I spoke with parks and rec in Dec. 2014 and they said when elev. reaches 404' they want to see it stay there for a week and prepare the ramp for safe launching. 400.5' as of today so we need to get some real pukers of storms to come through to open. I've been out a few times in the rain this season and my bilge pump has not kicked on once, but it might not be working. Main lake does have a bunch of floating debris so be careful. Some just under the surface too.
zmyers
Ross England

Post by Ross England »

Capell still closed as of yesterday. Launched at Putah. Water stained all the way down to about Big Island area.