After Oroville and Shasta, It Was Fun to Whack on Spots in Less Traditional Tourney Waters

TheFLY

After Oroville and Shasta, It Was Fun to Whack on Spots in Less Traditional Tourney Waters

Post by TheFLY »

This last weekend was the first one in some time that I was not sick, fishing or emceeing a derby on Oroville or Shasta. It was sure a blast to get out on our home lake (Rattlesnake Bar is open and 4 miles from the driveway) and catch some fish that aren't 1.2 to 1.9 lbs!

Rumor has it the Wild West Bass Trail is pondering adding Folsom to the Team Trail next year. The below pictures are Ryan and my votes for that. Of course ... if it were a derby we'd have never caught those fishing together. He'd have caught them without me ... but you add me to his boat and bad things happen ... bad things :(

We fished half a day on Friday and a full day in the rain and wind on Saturday. 24 caught on Fri and over 40 on Sat. Friday's limit was 15 lbs and Saturday's was around 17 and a half.

No it's not "LAKE X" but it sure can be a great place for a nice bag of spots (and smallies in this case). We actually only caught 1 LM in the day and a half.

-Craig
Ryan Pigs.JPG
Ryan 3.74.JPG
CG 3 Lb. Smallie.JPG
ILW

Re: After Oroville and Shasta, It Was Fun to Whack on Spots in Less Traditional Tourney Waters

Post by ILW »

wow that's folsom nice spots haven't been there in years
scott h

Re: After Oroville and Shasta, It Was Fun to Whack on Spots in Less Traditional Tourney Waters

Post by scott h »

Whew! Those fish are beautiful! That Ryan guy.....not so much.lol The lake looks awesome rite now, was up there Sunday for the student angler federation tourney, so glad there is water back in that pond!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

I haven't been there in years but fished it a lot while in college. That place has great spots, smallies and largies. I hear that it actually getting water again with all the rain.

The Wanabepro
sdisturber

Post by sdisturber »

Craig the real story here is Damn look at all that grey in Ryan's beard. That young kid I remember is growing up.