Cooch

Post by mark poulson »

So, tell us how fishing was Monday.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

It was REALLY good Mark!

Post by Cooch »

Here's what I posted Yesterday on my FB page and a couple of pics.

"The big fish bite on the River the past month has been scarce for clients & I. Greeted with 25mph winds and a blistering cold morning Monday, Tom and I made a major change in our approach after spending an hour fishing the shallow flats and zero bites. Water temps dropped 7 degrees over nite, down to 60.7 at the Russo's ramp and 61 in our start spot, an area that has hit 72 the past week and has had good numbers of fish actively taking our baits, I knew we were in trouble if we didn't make a big change in tactics and location. "We are not gonna catch em shallow today Tom, gotta make a drastic change!" We put down the reaction baits, tucked away our plastics and grabbed the Big Stik with the Booby II Wada and Flappin Hog craw and moved to the rocks. This pattern is where we've found a good jig bite since last Friday. After catching 5 small fish in the trough, today we backed off the bank, 20-30 feet and started flippen the outside grass and the bites started coming right away wih two 6 pounders, a boat load of 3s and a few smaller keepers. We bounced around sloughs fighting the wind all day, as the tide began falling away and exposing the deeper, outer weed lines, we found fishing much easier in the howling wind and bites were consistent. Finishing with a 30+ fish day, a 7, 10-2 and 9 later, Tom & I walked away from our day with a 20 and 38 lb sack respectively. We saw a lot of fry Monday in areas we caught fish, most of the guarders were smaller 2 lb bucks. Strangely, not the typical kind of spawning areas, yet the fish have adjusted and are definitely getting their thing done, they're just doing it deeper, in different areas, than we normally experience. All of the fish we caught today were chunky pre-spawners, so I believe there is a big wave that's coming in the next few weeks! Gotta love this River fishing, ya just never know what to expect and the daily challenges are what keep us coming back for more!"
IMG_3461.jpg
IMG_3469.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg
IMG_3459.jpg
mark poulson

Re: Cooch

Post by mark poulson »

Nice!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY