GPS signal lost after 20 mph

Moderator: Ken Sauret

chaka28092

GPS signal lost after 20 mph

Post by chaka28092 »

Hello, im new to this forum. i have a question.

i have an ELITE 7 TI totalscan, i lost GPS signal after going 20+ mph?

thanks in advance.
mark poulson

Re: GPS signal lost after 20 mph

Post by mark poulson »

I had that problem with my transom mounted SI tranducer for my 997.
Turns out it was a little loose, and vibrated at higher speeds.
I packed around the mount with 100% GE Silicone to make more rigid , and no more signal loss!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Edd

Post by Edd »

So the transducer has absolutely nothing to do with GPS. GPS works off of satellites above and the transducer transmits and receives signal from under the water surface. Can you explain your problem further?
chaka506

Post by chaka506 »

im the same guy asking the question, some how my other account wasnt approved n couldnt log in.

but yes, i lost signal going 20+ mph....and sometimes even just trolling.
i know the transducer has nothing to do with the signal...since the signal works with satellites.

nothing is covering or blocking the unit from getting the signal.
so i dont know what do? i try messing with the settings but theres not much to do with GPS signal...
hopefully somebody can read this and help me. i love this unit...cant complain for the price!
Edd

Post by Edd »

chaka506 wrote:im the same guy asking the question, some how my other account wasnt approved n couldnt log in.

i know the transducer has nothing to do with the signal...since the signal works with satellites.

so i dont know what do? i try messing with the settings but theres not much to do with GPS signal...
hopefully somebody can read this and help me. i love this unit...cant complain for the price!
When you say you are losing the GPS signal at 20 mph....what exactly do you mean? Do you have a screen shot of this problem? When this happens, what exactly do you see on the screen? Although you get the speed from the GPS, I guarantee you your boat can not outrun the 16 satellite signals. A screen shot would really help us.

Edd
chaka506

Post by chaka506 »

Edd wrote:
chaka506 wrote:im the same guy asking the question, some how my other account wasnt approved n couldnt log in.

When you say you are losing the GPS signal at 20 mph....what exactly do you mean? Do you have a screen shot of this problem? When this happens, what exactly do you see on the screen? Although you get the speed from the GPS, I guarantee you your boat can not outrun the 16 satellite signals. A screen shot would really help us.

Edd

When im on the GPS/Plotter page, the little arrow has a question mark.. when i have signal. it goes away... like this morning. i was trolling around and the alarm for gps signal kept going off.
i will screenshot next time i have it out in the water to see if it helps.

thank you for trying to help me.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Screen shot not necessary now. You definitely have a bad GPS internal module. I suggest you call Customer Service 800-628-4487 or set up an RMA from the Lowrance MY ACCOUNT page.

Wish I had better news.

Edd
chaka506

Post by chaka506 »

Edd wrote:Screen shot not necessary now. You definitely have a bad GPS internal module. I suggest you call Customer Service 800-628-4487 or set up an RMA from the Lowrance MY ACCOUNT page.

Wish I had better news.

Edd
I will call them tomorrow.
Thank you very much. :(
chaka506

Post by chaka506 »

I was under the 30 day warranty & got a new head unit & its working great, thanks for the help.