Chatterbait ?

Skeeterman

Chatterbait ?

Post by Skeeterman »

What company makes a good strong chatterB. and does anybody around sacramento area that makes custom chatterB? Thanks
185vsfrog

Re: Chatterbait ?

Post by 185vsfrog »

Bobby D makes a really strong chatterbait if you can find them. I use them a lot on the delta for stripers and they hold up. Maybe hook pro shop has them?
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

The Picasso has held up great for me. I've put a lot of 5 to 9lb fish in the boat out of heavy cover on braid without an issue.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

I don't believe you can no longer buy the grinder but easy enough for you to get the material to make your own <wink>

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Burke

Post by Burke »

I use a chatterbait/chatter jig made by Nu Tech lures. They call their lure, "Crazy Jig". They make them in weights from 1/4 oz to 1 oz. The jig head has a built-in weed guard. I've thrown them into areas with a lot of wood and never had one that got hooked on wood.

Their website: www.nutechlures.com
Larry Hemphill

D&M Custom Baits

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I have used D&M Custom Baits Piranha swimjig for several years now, especially at night and low light conditions. The vibration is second to none. He will make one with a bigger hook if you ask. The company is located in Woodland, Cal. He makes lots of great baits for trophy bass! Dale Meddock - 669-3618
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The TNT Claymore is pretty stout, and comes in Delta colors.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Thanks for the chatterbait info guys.i checked the ones you guys recommended except for Bobby D's can't find to much info on those but the rest I liked so I plan on buying two of each in two of different colors blue and green pumpkin and go from there.Bobby D's IM going to make a trip to the hook and check them out.Thanks you guys very much.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I've tried almost every brand and I'm sold on Picasso. The detail quality and price is bar none tops. Everyone has their preference but just try one and you will not be dissapointed.
fasttimebob

Post by fasttimebob »

Bobby D's , quality,great guy,you cant ask for more
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

fasttimebob, Do you know where I can g=t iingo on Bobby D''s?

:arrow:
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

fasttimebob, Do you know where I can get iinfo on Bobby D''s?

:arrow:
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

D&M Piranha and TNT Claymore is what you will find in my boat. Both make great high quality strong vibrating baits.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

The Claymore is easy to modify to put the blade directly on the head. Use a dremel cutting wheel to cut the slot for the blade and use pliers to close the gap a little. Good strong hook and will not pry apart as I caught bass over 10lbs with this setup with NO issues...

Heck, get the wadda jig, cut the weed guard, and do the same. Much cheaper and good vibrating jig....

Good luck on finding those Bobby D's. They were/are awesome too....
Glenn Abuelhaj
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

gabuelhaj wrote: Heck, get the wadda jig, cut the weed guard, and do the same. Much cheaper and good vibrating jig....
Why cut off the weed guard? If you fish delta tules, you'll constantly be hanging up on tules. I will not fish a chatterbait on the delta without a weed guard.
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
===========================================
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ranger519v wrote:
gabuelhaj wrote: Heck, get the wadda jig, cut the weed guard, and do the same. Much cheaper and good vibrating jig....
Why cut off the weed guard? If you fish delta tules, you'll constantly be hanging up on tules. I will not fish a chatterbait on the delta without a weed guard.
X2
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
fasttimebob

Post by fasttimebob »

Skeeterman,sorry it took so long to get back to you, Bobby no longer makes chatterbaits, but D&M & Picasso makes a good bait.good luck
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Well guys I took your guy's advice took a trip to monster tackle in Cotati never been there and it wi) not be my last what a awsome place. I ended up buying D&M.TNT,Picasso chatterB's and some plastic trailers 4 them now I can't wait to try them. Thanks for your advice. I will let you guys know how it goes.
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Ranger519v wrote:
You can leave the weed guard on, just use a smaller cutting wheel so you don't cut into the bristles. Also, use a rod that can set this hook :wink: Good luck!
[img]
WaddaChatter
WaddaChatter
[/img]
Glenn Abuelhaj