Any DVL grand reopening stories?

Bass Pro Shopper

Any DVL grand reopening stories?

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Want to know how crazy good Diamond Valley might be right now. Any first-hand or second hand accounts?
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
toddmc

Re: Any DVL grand reopening stories?

Post by toddmc »

Fishing was tough for me and everyone that I talked to yesterday. That's probably why people aren't talking it up. They put the water in very fast and there is only about 4 foot of visibility in the clearest areas. The heavy winds and the algae bloom over the last few days haven't helped. There appear to be a lot of fish suspending in limbo. I didn't see much sign of life.
It was a ghost town yesterday. There were only about 20 boats on the water. I finally began to put a few pieces of the puzzle together late in the afternoon yesterday, but the winds got so rough about 5 p.m. that I put it on the trailer a few minutes early. It should get better once the fish have fully adjusted to the higher water level. It's not the same lake that you remember.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Thought Wed (opening) would be a cluster,so didn't go. Heard it was no big deal. We went Thurs. Got there a little after 5. They were collecting fees in line like they used to do. Gate opened at 5:30. Think we wee 5th or 6th boat in line. Never got crowded. Fish we caught were mostly on drop shot. Brush & weeds in the water all over the lake. Bass seemed to be scattered all over too. Friend went on the weekend. Bite slowed considerably. Very windy.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for the reports. I'm chiseling off all of the Quaggas from over the past two years, J/K, and gonna get out on the lake this Saturday. :lol:
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
firebass

Post by firebass »

It was an overcast morning, satisfaction of being back on the water was good enough. The reward of fighting some beautiful fish made it an epic day. Not always this lucky here but instead of run and gun, I knew fish were there and stuck to it until they let me know what they wanted. Determination paid off!
Attachments
DSC03285.JPG
Micropterus salmoides addictus.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

So what "did" they want. We could only get them to bite a drop shot. And the bite was very light.
firebass

Post by firebass »

DSC03281.JPG
Fly lined a fluke on flouro for fat fish :D
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

Fished it on Saturday, May 28th. Stayed near or along the dam to the left of the launch ramp. I caught 2 that went 3# 7oz each, and 1 that went 2# 7oz. All on drop shot. Could not get them to chase any reaction baits. Got off the water at 12:30. It was a beautiful day, a little breezy with light fog first thing in the morning, and the wind started to come up a bit around 11:30. Not that many boats, which surprised me.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

firebass wrote:DSC03281.JPG

Fly lined a fluke on flouro for fat fish :D
That bait looks like an old school Slug-Go.
firebass

Post by firebass »

sluggo.jpg
sluggo.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Yes that's the style.