The fish are biting at Otay

rickyshabazz

The fish are biting at Otay

Post by rickyshabazz »

I get real excited when I get to fish a new lake that I have never been to. We are really lucky that there is a lot of great technology and information to help those of us that have day job prepare for fishing new lakes. Last Saturday I fished Otay Lake in SD for the first time in an ABA tournament. My partner and I needed some traveler's points to make the championship so this event fist the bill.

We were able to study the lake using the online webapp and my phone app. We found several rockpiles that looked good and most of them paid off. We showed up blind and the fishing was great. We caught a tone of fish and managed to make a little money finishing in second place. We caught our fish on frogs and 10 inch worms. We even caught big fish of the tournament.

The funny thing is we got lost on the way to the lake and had to use the Navionics phone app to find the lake.

The Wanabepro
Bassfishman

Re: The fish are biting at Otay

Post by Bassfishman »

I grew up fishing Otay in the mid-60's and it was a great lake back then. We fished from the shore primarily using night crawlers. That's how I learned to catch bass with my Dad and Brother. We fished almost every Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning. But I havent fished at Otay since about 1977 when I moved to the Bay Area. Back then there were no houses around the lake!! Good times!! Good memories!!
rickyshabazz

Re: The fish are biting at Otay

Post by rickyshabazz »

Here are some screen shots of the Sonarlogging event that we had during the ABA at Otay. The first shot is pre Sonarloging and the second shot is after the logging. Can you see the difference. This SonarChart is now available in the update.

Before Sonar Logging

After SonarLogging
The Wanabepro