Discussion topics, what's up?

Colebass

Discussion topics, what's up?

Post by Colebass »

I see lots of results from tournaments posted, but why are we not having more discussion around fishing? Rod selection, without bashing rod companies? Lines you like, lures you use, seasonality fishing? This fishing forum was designed to have these discussion, so why isn't happening more often?

Dave
Dave Cole
Freefall

Re: Discussion topics, what's up?

Post by Freefall »

From my experience most guys are pretty mum about specifics. Especially for those who fish for $.

That said I've asked for advice on here several times and have always gotten helpful responses.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
MT

Post by MT »

That went out the door years ago around here. Most discussions seemed to take a negative turn and frankly people didn't like the way they were treated by some folks on their keyboards. Then they left or just stopped talking. To me it's pretty amazing this site even exists after the way things went. Apparently doing well too based on the presence of sponsors.
Still see alot of questions get answered and some sharing but these days it's a "me first" mentality in society and it really shows in the sport.
As a Disclaimer, Ive been couch bound with an illness for a week so my post may come off as mindless rambling.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

That can be said of most forums. I've been on a few duck hunting forums for over 10 years and have seen plenty banned for running their mouth. I've seen those boards go down hill too.

I've also met some amazing people who I'm close with. You just have to weed through the idiots
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
ILW

Post by ILW »

I see alot of topic get responses and when quesstions are asked seems like alot of times they get several responses. Look at this question, it asked by Colebass less than 24 hours and people are chiming in, already several responses.

I am not saying guys are giving their GPS coordinates out but hard to catch someone elses fish anyway. hardly ever see someone asking with no response except maybe its a place where no one has heard of or been.

There are internet trolls behind their keyboard anywhere. This actually seems like one of the sites where there is less of that and actully more good info and help for questions.

Just my 2cents.
Levy

Post by Levy »

This is simple as most people are going away from the forums onto groups on social media like facebook.
fredlock

Post by fredlock »

i wish i had so much knowledge about fishing around here to deem it necessary to withhold info, but unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm more than happy to discuss anything with anyone, as long as we're not talking about specific spots (coordinates, etc). Discussions regarding line, lures, rods, etc. seems like it would be pretty much opinion-based and just hearing about other things helps to get everyone a more well rounded decision into what works best for them.
ILW

Post by ILW »

I dont really see alot of "discussion" on facebook posts, alot of like,s a few comments here and there, and at least as equal negativity, if not alot more There is so much variety of crap on facebook to weed through to find the fishing posts. When I want to read fishing stuff, I like a fishing forum for just fishing stuff but I think social media is where all thefish photos seems to be.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I try to post on questions I see on WB. I think this forum is a great tool for info as well promotion for sponsors. PLEASE don't tell Wayne, he'll simply think he's doing a good job and raise my rates :D My weakness is PM's. I just saw that I have 8. I don't get notified by email so I miss these. I'm after these 8 right now.

I'll try to help any time that I can. I'm headed to lake tomorrow to run a boat that doesn't plane off well. I hope I can indeed help. I agree that this site has more readers than posting guys. Some guys are shy I guess :D :D This site maintains a positive attitude 99+ percent of the time. If your looking to be a D*** you'll get booted off. It's a lot more fun to be around positive people but there's nothing wrong with some fun too. Dave Cole you're still UGLY :D :D
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I find this website very helpful , not just the fishing , lures , lines , rods/reels etc... but also the info for boats , classified's , lake reports etc..
My son moved to Frisco , Texas late last year (close to Dallas) , he turned me onto a website down there , texasfishingforums.com
It's interesting to read how guys down there post on everything . Without a doubt , the bass down there behave different than bass up here . I think mainly due to lakes that are typically more shallow , different food sources , temps etc.. My son finally got his first DD in Texas ! He loves it down there , but the weather is also crazy.
I went down there for a visit in April --- EVERYBODY down there bass fishes . So many boats on the lakes it's crazy .
Also , the Texas Fish and Game , along with local politics treat "outdoorsman" more like a friend than a foe .
tight lines ,
Robb