Best deep cycle battery for electronics

nate50

Best deep cycle battery for electronics

Post by nate50 »

Well it's that time to get new deep cycle batteries. I was using optima and it lasted about 2 years. Is that about the normal life of the battery? Is there a better battery that will last longer?
nate50

Re: Best deep cycle battery for electronics

Post by nate50 »

Bump
jsena800

Post by jsena800 »

I had great luck with US Batteries. They were a little pricey but they lasted a little over four years. I had four of them in my 2007 Ranger 520VX. I replaced them them over a year ago and the person who bought my boat is still using them with no problems.

If your interested, check with Boat Masters in Livermore.
Trace

Post by Trace »

I run a Trojan st 1000 agm group 31. Code 3 batteries in Valley Home has them .
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey Nate50,
You should be getting more than 2 years out of the optima. I've been using for years and have a buddy that got over 4 years out of his Blue tops and he fishes much more than the average guy.

What is your amp per bank on your charger? Is it a 10 amp or 15? If 10 amp per bank then that's good and what is recommended for the Optima batteries. If you are using a 15 amp per bank charger, that can actually shorten the life span of the battery. If you had a 15, You ddont have to go out and buy a new charger, you just have to maintain your Optima a little different. On a 15 amp, charge your battery right after fishing for the day.. Should be fully charged within about 4 hours or so.. So charging overnight is fine... Unplug and then just charge the night before your next trip. This allows a full charge without over charging. Even if your charger has a shut down or trickle feature, which many do, it's still bad for the Optima if left on a 15 amp charge.. It's too much too fast basically.
If you end up going with Optima again, try it out and from what I have witnessed myself and with buddies, it seems to help in the life of the battery. Also, with all the power we use for motor starting, graphs, lights and livewells, consider going with the Blue top D31m for your starting battery instead of the Red top, if you're already not using. Myself and several friends us all D31M's for trolling and starting.

Hope you have better results with your power in the future.

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Odyssey 31....hands down the best IMHO....cured my HDS 12 issues immediately....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

[quote="Trace"]I run a Trojan st 1000 agm group 31. Code 3 batteries in Valley Home has them .[/quote]

Trace, don't you mean Valley Springs?
Trace

Post by Trace »

Oh yeah.
That's what I meant.
Thanks
Code 3 batteries in Valley Springs
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Trojan SC225 best battery I have ever run.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM