Squarebills on the Delta

stubbs

Squarebills on the Delta

Post by stubbs »

I usually throw the LC 1.5-2.5 size on the delta. I've seen some a number of larger baits coming out like Strike King 8.0 Magnum...Anybody throw these size baits? I assume they work, are they bringing in bigger fish?
Freefall

Re: Squarebills on the Delta

Post by Freefall »

I got a handful of good fish pre & spawn on larger square bills. I haven't thrown them in a while though.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Biggie Pappa - LC BDS 5.0, lucky craft 1.5 and 2.5 - variety of rattle traps and the tried and true Bomber A in craw. I havent thrown the super deep divers on the delta.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Ran across one gentleman up there two days ago that said he was killing them on them. Around docks and rocks. I was tossing top, so I did not try them.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

Red craw speed traps were the main square bill back in the 90's when I fished the Delta. I'm sure they are still great just not talked about as much.
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I throw the strike king 8.0 and the lucky craft oversized square bill I forget what they call it. I think it's the 105. I've killed in on the delta with both when the grass isn't super thick, early spring and late fall. The lucky craft doesn't run as deep as the strike king. iMessage throwing both on braid to a 18lb leader. My guess is about 7-8ft on the strike king and 5-6ft on the lucky craft