Commercial Sellers

Bigmouth

Commercial Sellers

Post by Bigmouth »

Came back today to check my "For Sale" post and I see Commercial sellers are dominating the first page for the classifieds section of Boats - Motors - Trailers. Thirty one of the fifty posts are either Last Chance (24) or C & C (7) which pushes other single post members to the second page or further back. Why can't you guys group them especially if'n they are the same brand? I understand the need to sell, your support for this forum (thank you) and I'm all for a free market but this seems a bit extreme to me. :wink:

I could be wrong. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bigmouth on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaLa

Re: Commercial Sellers

Post by DaLa »

A Used Boat Page and a New Boat Page would be nice.

Dave
ginodnjoe

Post by ginodnjoe »

This subject has been brought up in the past and you are absolutely right! There should be a completely different section for dealer posts. Just my humble opinion .
03' Skeeter ZX225
justajp

Post by justajp »

I agree, a used and new section.
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Yeah for sure. I agree with all.
NRX

Post by NRX »

Yep that's for sure! And if you really want to break it down check out bass boat central!
Bigmouth

Post by Bigmouth »

Well with what response we've had it looks like it's 100% that this subject should be addressed. To bad a Mod or Seller won't chime in. :?
fisherrw

Post by fisherrw »

I agree 100%
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Agreed, last chance marine just posted an ad for pontoon boats for god sake. Come on Western Bass. NCBF would have made a move by now :wink:
bassmonkey

Post by bassmonkey »

If I'm not mistaken, the dealers pay to advertise products as a sponsor of Westernbass. They are the reason you have a free sight to advertise your stuff. The dealers should be able to post as much as they want as long as they are paying for it. Perhaps Westernbass should charge to post in the classifieds. If you are paying to use the site then you have a right to bitch.
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

You are mistaken. They don't pay to post on the classifides, just like everyone else. But you should have to pay to post, and bitch about the Bitchin. Even craigslist has a filter for dealers and private party sellers. It seems like guys would appreciate a separate page where dealers post that's linked to the classifides. I'm sure the same amount of traffic would go on and check that page too.
bassmonkey

Post by bassmonkey »

The dealers are paying advertisers on Westernbass. I'm pretty sure Westernbass does not allow non paying dealers post their products for sale. So again, as "paying advertisers," the dealers have as much or more of a right to post their products than non paying users like us. This is a free service to you and not the dealers. They are paying to use the site. So they are paying to post in the classifieds. I do agree that a filter would be a nice addition. I really could care less about any of this. I just think it's funny when people bitch about something that is totally free.
NitroBW

Post by NitroBW »

I've sold 4 bass boats very quickly on Westernbass as a private seller and find that typing "TTT" or "Bump" keeps my post at the top or in the top 5 on page one. You've just got to login a couple of times a day during the sale process.
bushmankev

Post by bushmankev »

It's out of hand how many posts C and C as well as other dealers put on here. This site is turning into Craigslist. Please do something soon to fix the spam.
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

I agree, WB isn't what it use to be. Too much of this spam advertising.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

bassmonkey wrote:The dealers are paying advertisers on Westernbass. I'm pretty sure Westernbass does not allow non paying dealers post their products for sale. So again, as "paying advertisers," the dealers have as much or more of a right to post their products than non paying users like us. This is a free service to you and not the dealers. They are paying to use the site. So they are paying to post in the classifieds. I do agree that a filter would be a nice addition. I really could care less about any of this. I just think it's funny when people bitch about something that is totally free.

I don't have a problem with dealers posting on the classifieds, I just would like to see them have their own classification separately from the private sellers listings. Doesn't seem like much to ask, but it must be since WB has ignored the topic every time it comes up. Personaly, I have NO interest in buying from a dealer, so when I see their name in the listing, I just go on by !! ALSO, I think all posts should be required to include the PRICE !!
How 'bout it WB ? Can we at LEAST get a reply ??
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Bump