No more puddles on boat cover

kraetzer

No more puddles on boat cover

Post by kraetzer »

Since I have to keep my boat stored outside I cover it with an additional tarp over my cover and I put a cardboard box under it to have the rain drain off, but most of the time there is a spot where it puddles up.

So I decided to build a frame out of 1/2" pvc. You can see its angled down and out and so far it seems to be working really good (material around $30)

kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
ILW

Re: No more puddles on boat cover

Post by ILW »

cool idea! I tried a cone, but it would fall over when I took it off and I still got puddling anyway.
hydro

Post by hydro »

A co-worker showed me this trick years ago and it works great if you have a long enough winch strap . Unwind the strap off your bow winch spool so it extends from the bow winch to the outboard . Connect the hook to the outboard and drape it over the back seat and front pole seat and slowly tighten it up but not too tight . Put the cover over the boat now and you will have an elevated centerline so the rain can roll off without puddling on top of the cover .
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

My sons built me a frame of PVC about 10 years ago for my boat cover...worked like a champ...just like yours does!!
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life