Can you take these in checked luggage on airplane?

NG

Can you take these in checked luggage on airplane?

Post by NG »

I'm headed to Mexico for hopefully some awesome bass fishing in a couple weeks. I've been told to make sure and bring some chartreuse worm dye, Mend-it, and I want to take Bang aerosol scent. But I was wondering if the airline will allow this as they are all flammable items. What has been your experience? Thanks.
mark poulson

Re: Can you take these in checked luggage on airplane?

Post by mark poulson »

Call the airline you're using and ask them.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

They confiscate darn near every type of liquid now so I highly doubt that stuff is going to get through. Call the airline and see if there is any alternatives. I would mail it if you have an address to send it to.
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

To my knowledge, you won't have any issue with these in checked baggage. You are restricted when you try to take liquids in a carry on; aftershave, deodorant, etc limited to less than 3.5oz. I've had no issues with aerosols, lighters, etc. in checked luggage, and think the items you describe will be fine. But, good advice to check air regulations.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

They should be fine in checked baggage. But not carry on. I have taken chartreuse worm dye and Mend-it before in my checked bag. The Bang should be OK since they allow hair spray in checked bags.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

NG wrote:I'm headed to Mexico for hopefully some awesome bass fishing in a couple weeks. I've been told to make sure and bring some chartreuse worm dye, Mend-it, and I want to take Bang aerosol scent. But I was wondering if the airline will allow this as they are all flammable items. What has been your experience? Thanks.
Just tell them that they're makeup, nail polish, and deodorant... :lol:
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

You should not have a problem with them in your CHECKED baggage, but do not put them in your carry on. Also, if you take a tackle bag as a carry on, DO NOT have any thing with Hooks, Line, or anything that can be used to cut with in it. Take only PLASTIC in it. Reels are ok, but can't have line on them. I'd leave the Dip it at home and take a Zoom marker pen instead. If the dip leaks, you will have a REAL MESS on your hands !! You'll want plenty of Senkos and 8-10" worms too !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Had no problem in checked baggage. Put them in extra zip lock bags so you have several layers of protection if they leak.

I have taken those items to Mexico for years.

Have fun I love those Mexican lakes.

If you are a jig fisherman be sure and take some and real pork if you have it.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM