Torture Testing Rods with Gary Dobyns

WB Staff

Torture Testing Rods with Gary Dobyns

Post by WB Staff »

...“People just laugh when they see me on the water,” recalled Dobyns. “I high-stick the rod, cast with two 8” swimbaits on the same rod and anything else I can do to try to break one. I do everything that you are not supposed to do. This ensures that the blanks are tested thoroughly before they are even produced."

The other rod quality tests are more systematic. The deadlift test is done ...

Read more here; http://www.westernbass.com/article/make ... ary-dobyns
AnglersPursuit

Re: Torture Testing Rods with Gary Dobyns

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Wanted to pass on my praise for the Fury 795 swimbait rod. Been killing lingcod on it all season! Without a doubt the best constructed rod available for that price.

If I had to make one change it would be the guide sizes. Tone those down to give the blank a bit more life. Handle length and taper is perfect.

Very stoked!
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Nothing can replace good Quality Assurance testing. Wish more companies did it.
Building quality products at a reasonable price is a key to success. You've proven that.
Keep up the good stuff, Gary.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I've acquired a bunch of Dobyns rods over the years. I've always appreciated that both Gary and Richard have not only given me excellent advice and suggestions regarding the rods I have purchased but they also LISTEN when I give them feedback regarding their rods. They have always seemed genuinely interested in my perceptions and suggestions.
Pretty damn rare.
Tree