Unsettling News from Clear Lake

DanIsaac

Unsettling News from Clear Lake

Post by DanIsaac »

For those who don't read the weekly post(s) here on WBass, there is some news that I know a lot of people would like to be aware of, and while I was initially asked to keep this as quiet as possible, I have now been asked to let the community know, I'm just not sure quite how to do that so I am just going to say it.

Bob Higgins @ Limit Out Tackle has been diagnosed with cancer and he has a tough road ahead of him. That's the bad news, the good news is Bob is not a quitter and he has a very competent group of doctors at UC Davis, along with a large group of friends and family praying for him, please feel free to join that group if you so choose.

For now, please do not bombard the shop with calls at this point as he is in and out. However, if your in town and he is there he would love to see you so stop by and give him your best in person. Just look for the grey Ford in front of the store Thurs thru Sunday, if it's there, so is Robert.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
birdman920

Re: Unsettling News from Clear Lake

Post by birdman920 »

My very 1st time on CL " was when I stopped by Limit Out Tackle" & met Bob' !... he took me out the next day" on a free guided fishing trip " & showed me the lake ! that was almost 25 years ago !....Bob is a great guy ! & my prayers go out to he & Dorothy !...
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Thanks so much for the heads up Dan. Our family prayers go out to Bob and his family and friends. Family, Friends, Fishing that is what Bob is all about! RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Charles

Post by Charles »

I had a long talk with Bob a couple weeks ago when I was in town. He filled me in on his diagnosis. Like you said, he is a fighter. If anyone can whoop it, Bob can! Kick cancer's *** Bob!
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Again - thanks Dan for letting us know. I don't see Bob as much as I used to, since most of my trips are out Red Bud now. Often I would bring clients into his shop, mostly after our day trips, where they could look and buy the baits we used on the trip or the baits we talked about during the guide trip. Bob was always eager to help them find what they were looking for, or had other good suggestions. I have always appreciated that - and the rooms he could rent for the tournament anglers. I will pass Bob's condition on to my friends and ask for prayer.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Bob's a great guy......my prayers are with him and his family
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
scott h

Post by scott h »

Prayers to Bob and his family, I met Bob when I started fishing 100% bass Pro/ams and the signing and pairing meetings where at his shop, a few years later at lake Shasta I was fishing the Bassmasters and could only get a room for Friday and Saturday nights, otherwise was sleeping in my truck for a few nights but Bob told me his partner wouldn't be up until Thursday and that I was more than welcome to stay with him until my room came available, when I offered to pay for my share of the nights I stayed he wouldn't take any money, Bob has always been super nice and always willing to talk fishing when I visited the shop!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Doug Warren

Post by Doug Warren »

Praying for Bob and his full recovery. I've been staying at his place for many years.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Bob Higgins is a total class person. He's helped so many guys over the years with all kinds of things. I know a guy he helped get a boat. He's helped people in need with housing and a lot more. Of course he's helped with fishing info forever. When I started Dobyns Rods, Bob called me twice in the first year to see if I needed "some money". Bob called me several weeks ago and let me know what he was facing. I felt like I was kicked in the gut with the news. By the end of the call he had me laughing. His final comment was "if me and a bear are in a fight, somebody better help that bear". That's the Bob Higgins I know!!!!!!!!
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

Bob towed us in in a Stratos tourney many years back. I have always went that way since to buy from him. He's definitely a class act and a fighter. I will always be grateful for the help and have tried to do the same on the water.
Bryan Cox
W.C

Post by W.C »

Wow! That is some aweful news. I started praying for him the minute i read this post.
i first met Bob about 20 years ago when me and my son took a vacation and dropped by for some tackle. Later that week as we were on are way home we got into a bad accident that totaled my SUV at the lower lake turn off. Every place in town was booked so i called Bob who was just about to start renting out some rooms in the back of his tackle store and he told me not to worry about anything and he would open up a room for my son and me right away. He even offered to pick us up and even told me i didn't need to worry about paying for the room and to stay as long as in needed to until we could get a ride back home . he didn't even know us until that weekend but yet he treated us like family. I'll never ever forget what he did and always go visit him whenever I'm in town. He is a Great Man. Prayers going out you my friend.
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

I have met many people while fishing Clear Lake in my float tube and kick boat over the past 30 years. Bob is one of those guys that has always been good to me and our club. He is a Clear Lake Icon to me for sure! I made sure I had some pictures of me with Bob in his shop. He's the man at Clear Lake.
Attachments
DSCN3855.JPG
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
Colebass

Post by Colebass »

Bad news for sure but if anyone can beat it, it's Bob! as Gary said he's a fighter for sure. prayers and thoughts are with Bob for a victory and speedy recovery!
Dave Cole