Bullards Help

tbass858

Bullards Help

Post by tbass858 »

Looking for a guide or just some friendly tips been out 3 times and have struggled each time. Tried all the go to worm rigs and fished out to 50 feet but have yet to figure anything out.

Thanks for any help
Tom Gronwall

Re: Bullards Help

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Get a hold of Lunker Larry, Larry Hemphill, he knows the lake well and does guided fishing all the time.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Larry's info is in the fishing guide section, if you would like to contact him: http://www.westernbass.com/guides/
tbass858

Post by tbass858 »

Thank you both
Mike

Post by Mike »

Aaron Britt just put a Kid on a 8 1/2 there last week. Give him a call. http://aaronlegitbrittfishing.com/
OG on WB since 1993
Legitbritt

Post by Legitbritt »

Hey Mike! My name is Aaron Britt, and I do guide trips up there frequently.. We have caught 3 over 8 in the past few weeks.. I'd love to take you out and try to land a big one!! Find me and message me on Facebook, or text me at 530 635-1580!! Hope to hear from you soon!
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Bullards is simply not fishing as it did just two years ago. Two years ago Richard and I fished there and between us we had 8 fish over 7 pounds and caught 24 total (12 each) for the day. The biggest just over 9 pounds. We thought it sucked!!!! We usually did a lot better and figured it was an off day. No joke!!

Now when we go we usually catch 2 to 4 big ones and 10-12 small ones. I fished up there a couple of weeks ago for 5 hours and my best fish was a 2 pounder that day. Bullards is fishing tough. It's a lot better now than few weeks ago. It will get better farther into winter. We catch a lot of fish on Jigs, Senkos, and Robo worms. We've had great topwater bites, jerk bait fish, and some great blade bites as well. Bullards is close to us so we can fish it pretty easy. It's just tough right now.

Richard caught a 10.48 spotted bass this year and that keeps us going back.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Bullards is simply not fishing as it did just two years ago. Two years ago Richard and I fished there and between us we had 8 fish over 7 pounds and caught 24 total (12 each) for the day. The biggest just over 9 pounds. We thought it sucked!!!! We usually did a lot better and figured it was an off day. No joke!!

Now when we go we usually catch 2 to 4 big ones and 10-12 small ones. I fished up there a couple of weeks ago for 5 hours and my best fish was a 2 pounder that day. Bullards is fishing tough. It's a lot better now than few weeks ago. It will get better farther into winter. We catch a lot of fish on Jigs, Senkos, and Robo worms. We've had great topwater bites, jerk bait fish, and some great blade bites as well. Bullards is close to us so we can fish it pretty easy. It's just tough right now.

Richard caught a 10.48 spotted bass this year and that keeps us going back.
How much fun is it to get to fish with your son?!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Mark I have a blast fishing with Richard, but the day I described on Bullards we were fishing against one another. We had 6 guys and we swapped partners 3 times during the day. We would weigh and release the caught fish immediately. On this day I had a 9,8,7, and two 3 1/2 for my best 5. Richard had 5 over 7 pounds that day. It was not what we considered good fishing for Bullards. But now fast forward 2 1/2 years to today and things have really changed. There's big fish there but we don't catch them like we used to.

Bullards has taken a beating. It's a small lake. The only thing that really saves it is no facilities close by.
tbass858

Post by tbass858 »

It's good to hear it will start getting better not sure if I can handle the weather getting much colder. Thanks for the information, it sounds like I'm on the right track as far as baits go.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Mark I have a blast fishing with Richard, but the day I described on Bullards we were fishing against one another. We had 6 guys and we swapped partners 3 times during the day. We would weigh and release the caught fish immediately. On this day I had a 9,8,7, and two 3 1/2 for my best 5. Richard had 5 over 7 pounds that day. It was not what we considered good fishing for Bullards. But now fast forward 2 1/2 years to today and things have really changed. There's big fish there but we don't catch them like we used to.

Bullards has taken a beating. It's a small lake. The only thing that really saves it is no facilities close by.
Sounds like the fish are getting edumacated really fast!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY