Anyone fish with Bionic Blade Bass Pro rods

Wiplash

Anyone fish with Bionic Blade Bass Pro rods

Post by Wiplash »

I was looking at getting a 7'6 Heavy Bionic blade rod from bass pro you can throw 1 to 4 Oz lures. Was looking at using for Topwater and swim baits. You guys have any feedback.
yjjustforme

Re: Anyone fish with Bionic Blade Bass Pro rods

Post by yjjustforme »

If you're looking for a great entry level/not too expensive rod I'd take a strong look at the dobyns fury series of rods
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Nice! Bass pro makes some badass rods for the $, I use their cranking rods. Dobyns Fury rods are also a good choice if you have the extra cash...
Wiplash

Post by Wiplash »

Ok. Yeah my sun has a 7'6 Heavy Bionic Blade. I was throwing S Waivers on it and it was not to bad. I really like my Abu Garcia and Shimano rods. Gonna go check out some rods at Bass pro friday so hopefully I can score on a decent rod. Thanks for the input guys
DDG

Post by DDG »

for bass pro shops rods even the tourney special is pretty darn good! honestly wish it was at this quality when i bought one in my teens. The new Powell Nusance is also not a bad idea!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Good quality rods but the best deal is when you can get them on sale
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I have two of em and they're pretty good. It's a very good rod for throwing deep cranks. I toss any bait on it that requires a rod with a soft tip and good backbone. The handle is a little long for me since it periodically hangs up on my body at times. I'm contemplating on cutting some off but the more I stall the more I get used to em. They should be on sale again when they have their spring sale.
basshol

Post by basshol »

They are on sale right now
MGJR

Post by MGJR »

I fished with one for nearly 15 years. Caught a million fish on it. For the price - great rod. Spend a bit more - many more options, get into some really quality rods.