Thanks to all that fished 167 Boats at Oroville

Gary Dobyns

Thanks to all that fished 167 Boats at Oroville

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Awesome turnout guys 167 Boats on Oroville!!!! I'm not positive on exact amount but WWBT paid out over $55,000. First was around $9300. There were 5 Yamamoto Big Fish checks of $835 each. It's been a long time since I saw this number of boats in a team event. Great seeing a bunch of old friends too!!!

Great job guys!!!
Mitch

Re: Thanks to all that fished 167 Boats at Oroville

Post by Mitch »

Hell of a draw, Gary !! Just proves you're doing something right ! The circuits have been suffering greatly for the last 10 yrs and not drawing the entries like we did in the 90's and 2000's. Glad to see someone stepping up !! Good job !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks Mitch. The comment from many anglers was it was like the "old days". Surprised to see some of our old time anglers too. Pretty awesome.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Great Numbers!
OG on WB since 1993
kmah

Post by kmah »

Looking at the final standings, WWBT is attracting some new teams, and alot...alot...of old school hammer teams that won a bunch "back in the day" its great to see and it's how we anglers speak with our money to help sustain something we so badly need out west.

Historically Shasta is the biggest drawing venue, 167 is a BIG number to get over...we'll see.

Shasta PRO/AM Jan 27-29 date to enter without late fee 1/18 COB. Final entry date with late fee 1/23.

Shasta Team Feb 18.

Awesome fishery, and currently sits 29' from full pool.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

kmah wrote:Looking at the final standings, WWBT is attracting some new teams, and alot...alot...of old school hammer teams that won a bunch "back in the day" its great to see and it's how we anglers speak with our money to help sustain something we so badly need out west.

Historically Shasta is the biggest drawing venue, 167 is a BIG number to get over...we'll see.

Shasta PRO/AM Jan 27-29 date to enter without late fee 1/18 COB. Final entry date with late fee 1/23.

Shasta Team Feb 18.

Awesome fishery, and currently sits 29' from full pool.
It all starts with trust. People trust Gary Dobyns.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ILW

Post by ILW »

Great event. Super quick weighin for 167 boats. I was expecting it to take much longer. Great job to Gary and all that worked it.
scott h

Post by scott h »

Awesome event! Looking forward to the next one, Great Job by WWBT and kudos to all the teams that showed.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
kb

Post by kb »

Great turnout for the kick off event of 2017. Nice to see so many excited about tournaments here in the West!
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks guys. I know registration was slow. We have a fix for Shasta event. Great event and we could of done a couple of things better, no doubt. But the anglers were all awesome and understanding with large field. We'll get better. Shasta numbers could be scary. Shasta has historically always been largest event. Oroville winners won $9335 and missed on 4 contingencies or they could of won $11,535.

Winners were Kris Sisto and Tim Rhyme. Great supports and GREAT guys!!!!

Missed Ranger Cup for $500. They were in Ranger but had not signed up.
Missed on Dobyns Rods for $500. I felt bad as they had 5 rods but not the required 6.
Missed on Costa Sunglasses for $200. At least one partner must be wearing Costa.
Missed on Evinrude for $1000

See you guys at Shasta!!
benwilliams

Post by benwilliams »

I haven't been to a tournament like that since the nineties. And I saw a lot of guys who used to fish back then. It was like old home week. I love big tournaments! What a blast! Gary is bringing back the good old days. Thanks Gary. We will be at Shasta!
Ben Williams