mark poulson

What is and isn't Jerry Brown's fault.

Post by mark poulson »

I just read this article from Politifact:

http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... 2-78766297
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Re: What is and isn't Jerry Brown's fault.

Post by Whoopbass »

So you're getting your info from a website that claims by my calculations that at least 60% of what Obama said was TRUTH and 75% of what Trump says is a LIE. Keep drinking that Cool Aid.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:So you're getting your info from a website that claims by my calculations that at least 60% of what Obama said was TRUTH and 75% of what Trump says is a LIE. Keep drinking that Cool Aid.
When they quote actual laws, I tend to believe them.
Did you read the article?
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I scanned through the article but like every news source they twist the facts or leave them out all together in order to suit their agenda. I never thought about it but I guess the blame would be on Brown. He's the man in charge and he didn't get into office yesterday. But 99% of these politicians on both sides don't have time to be worrying about the issues. They have their hands full with fund raising, vacations, and high dollar parties paid for by lobbyist's.

Maybe there is some laws that prevented the old loony fart from doing something but a real leader would have took charge and got things done.
Last edited by Whoopbass on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

it's kinda simple ,
Do you believe bigger Government is better ? Do you believe that you are getting "real " value for your state and local taxes ? Do you believe that Government has to many "chiefs " and not enough " Indians " ?
Brown and his Democrat philosophy believes that creating bigger Government is better for the " people " .
The democrat party of old is no longer the democrat party of today . Today they think they can solve all our problems and if your too stupid , too lazy , too ignorant to go out and work for a living , it's easy , just ask the Government for money and become "dependent " on the democrat way of thinking . Ask yourself , why did Governor Brown slip in a new law to allow 50,000 Federal prisoners to vote ---- while incarcerated ----simple , people in prisons are very likely to vote democrat because their families are probably on multiple forms of entitlements .
In the old days , JFK's famous quote --- "ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country " .
Governor Brown ,just wants your VOTE ----it's that simple .
Bigger Government is only good if you work in the " system " . For those of us that don't , it's purely a waste of tax payer money .
You could fire 80% of the "chiefs" in Government , take 40% of those dollars and apply to hiring way more "Indians" to do the actual work and this state would run 10 times better ----For the people !!
I was kinda hoping with all this rain , it would wash all the stupid democrats out to the ocean !!!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Be nice Mark.

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian,
Thanks for the smile.

Look, I don't like Jerry Brown. I think he's a two faced, self serving politician, even though, at his age, he should know and be better. And I voted for him four times. Shame on me.
I posted the link because I think that a big part of fixing what's wrong is finding out why it's wrong in the first place, not in trying to make political points by pointing fingers.
The money that this *** hat Assemblyman Travis Allen accuses Brown of not spending is money that, by law, can't be spent on infrastructure improvement.
"State officials said Oroville and other existing State Water Projects are not eligible for Proposition 1 money. Upkeep on the massive system of state reservoirs, dams and aqueducts is paid for by the 29 state water contractors who consume the water, including urban and agricultural water districts."
And he actually voted for the bill that limits how and when the money can be spent.
"Vogel, of the state’s Natural Resources Agency, said Allen ignores the fact that "the storage funding section of the bond precluded any money being spent until December 15, 2016. Travis Allen should remember this since he voted for the water bond," in the Legislature. The bond passed the Assembly with support from all but two members."
The money that Assemblyman Travis Allen accuses Brown of not spending is money that, by law, can't be spent on infrastructure improvement.
If this Assemblyman wants to help, he should work to find a way to get the State to release funds for the repair of the Oroville spillways, not just point fingers.
He's just another grandstanding politician, more interested in looking like he's on the right side than actually doing something.
But he isn't doing his job in the Legislature, which is what he was elected to do.
People in his district need to judge him by what he does, not for who he blames.
And we all need to hear the truth about our State's problems, not just some politician's ranting, so we can make informed decisions about where we want our State to go, and who we hire to get us there.
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Yeah, let's blame this mess on one of the rare nearly extinct republican assemblyman in this state. :lol:
Typical Lib mentality.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Oddly the article didn't mention the folks to funded the original Oroville dam construction, the MWD, citizens of California or bond funds raised by Los Angles who benifited most from the Feather River project spearheaded by Warren Dorren. The WMD recommended not to fund updating the Oroville dam, it was a low priority and Brown wasn't obligated to spend money ear marked for up grading water storage. Why anyone would vote for Brown after his first governorship is beyond my comprehension, but over 70% of our citizens did. You got what you voted for!
Peace,
Tom
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Had the AC on today and spent some time fishing in the Backyard. Have not figured out why I moved from California yet but as I walk around in flip-flops wearing shorts in Jan and catching bass on spinner baits and top water. I am sure it will come to me

:D

Ya'll come visit , You can catch Mable the Bass living under my dock 15' from the back door
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Mark,
you crack me up . blaming one politician is crazy . Look at all levels of government , city , state and federal ---nothing but a bunch of worthless people wasting tax payer money . Whether you like Trump or not , he is the only person calling out government waste -----and guess what ----the establishment is hating it. I have said for over twenty years , we should put really smart business people in charge of all levels of Government , if we don't --the only thing anybody can expect come election time is new "fancy " proposals to extract more money from the working family and less actual getting work getting done .
The real solution to these problems is to privatize what the government is doing make in competitive . Currently , nothing in government is competitive ----kinda like " I only need to do one job a week as a government employee , versus 5 jobs a week as a private sector employee " . Lots of cities are doing this privatization , and they are getting way more work done for less money from the taxpayers .
Lastly , voted for Jerry 4 times -----really ? I guess that means you'll be voting for Gavin Newson so we can repeat all of Jerry's success?
WRB

Post by WRB »

Rod Martin wrote:Had the AC on today and spent some time fishing in the Backyard. Have not figured out why I moved from California yet but as I walk around in flip-flops wearing shorts in Jan and catching bass on spinner baits and top water. I am sure it will come to me

:D

Ya'll come visit , You can catch Mable the Bass living under my dock 15' from the back door
Maybe we could send you some politicians in trade for alligators :D
Tom
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

[/quote]
Maybe we could send you some politicians in trade for alligators :D
Tom[/quote]

I have learned that feeding Politicians to alligators makes the gators sick . I wouldn't want to hurt our gatorshttp://www.westernbass.com/forum/download/file ... w&id=24910
Attachments
Flordia House 031.JPG
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

Jerry Brown 4 times? SICKENING
I could tell Mark is a huge LIB from all his posts. Everything is Jerry Browns fault to answer your original question .
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Robb R"]it's kinda simple ,
Do you believe bigger Government is better ? Do you believe that you are getting "real " value for your state and local taxes ? Do you believe that Government has to many "chiefs " and not enough " Indians " ?
Brown and his Democrat philosophy believes that creating bigger Government is better for the " people " .
The democrat party of old is no longer the democrat party of today . Today they think they can solve all our problems and if your too stupid , too lazy , too ignorant to go out and work for a living , it's easy , just ask the Government for money and become "dependent " on the democrat way of thinking . Ask yourself , why did Governor Brown slip in a new law to allow 50,000 Federal prisoners to vote ---- while incarcerated ----simple , people in prisons are very likely to vote democrat because their families are probably on multiple forms of entitlements .
In the old days , JFK's famous quote --- "ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country " .
Governor Brown ,just wants your VOTE ----it's that simple .
Bigger Government is only good if you work in the " system " . For those of us that don't , it's purely a waste of tax payer money .
You could fire 80% of the "chiefs" in Government , take 40% of those dollars and apply to hiring way more "Indians" to do the actual work and this state would run 10 times better ----For the people !!
I was kinda hoping with all this rain , it would wash all the stupid democrats out to the ocean !!!!![/quote]

Robb R....you make awesome points and I agree with EVERY SINGLE COMMENT HERE!!!! I don't need or want more government wasting my money and telling me what to do. America has always been the GREATEST country on Earth because of FREEDOM. I'm sick of politicians making laws I don't need or want, lining their pockets, and acting like they're taking care of us because we're too dumb to do it ourselves. Here's just one single law.....they voted in Obama care for all of "us" because it's such a great thing but exempted themselves from it. Good enough for "us" but not good enough for them. I'd like to see all the SOB's kicked out of office...this is Dem's and Republicans. Kick all their asses out and start over with some common sense people that want to make decisions for "us little people and our country", not themselves.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Hittin the bourbon tonight Gary? Don't hear you getting political much. The Clear Lake closure must be gettin to ya.
I have faith in Trump so let's leave him where he's at.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Unfortunately Trump isn't the smart one in charge - it's those behind him calling the shots and making up rules and regulations with a wing and a prayer. It's quite evident when the man gets behind a microphone he obviously isn't well versed in the subject and has the articulate grace of an 8-yo kid. For example, when he had to talk about Israel and the two state nation and the other when talking about "nuclear "things" and "stuff" which are bad and horrible". Really?!
As an American who served this country in the US Navy and lived abroad, I was truly embarrassed that this dialog was coming from our "leader".

When Trump keeps his promise of releasing this taxes, focuses on the country as a whole (not to his "fans"), puts his arrogant ego aside, and finally rise to the challenge of democracy and something bigger than himself, then he will have my full-on support. Oh yeah, since I am wishing upon a star.... stop tweeting every random thought that comes to mind on an unsecure phone.

Dang you Mark, you got me talking politics.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Brian ,
First off , let me say I appreciate your service to our country . I think every child born , should spend time in our military right after high school ---helps them grow up and become responsible and helps mediate the vast numbers of parents that do a poor job .
Regarding the way Trump talks ---- I could care less . I am glad he is ruffling feathers at every level , including internationally . As a Society , we have fallen victim to "smooth talking " politicians for way too long . Politicians have perfected their talking points and the way they deliver them and the majority of Americans have " fallen " for it and we are now paying the price for that stupidity .
As for Trump being stupid , NOT A CHANCE , he beat 16 other republican candidates and the Hillary machine ( which includes the liberal media that clearly runs how Americans view our world )-- and he spent less money doing it.
In 2015 , California spent over $25 billion on illegal aliens in this state( loaded cost = health care , education , jails/prisons etc..) ---is that how you want your tax money spent ? I strongly believe we can do better and voting in the same "smooth talking " politicians is just plain wrong .
I couldn't be happier that we have an experienced business man in office of President and I could care less how talks.
I hope some day we get a "business man " as Governor of California or our taxes will keep going up and less actual work will get done --- and if he/she "stutters " in his talking points ---I don't give a chit .
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Sorry Brian for dragging you into this.

I am not a conservative or a liberal. I am a populist. I'm for whatever does the most good for the most people.
My family are immigrants. My mother's family came over from Russia with in the early 1900s, to escape the Czar's brutal repression.
My father's family came over on the Mayflower in 1620, to escape the repression of James 1, the King of England.
So you can say I'm just an average American, a mutt, whose family came here for a better life.
If Donald Trump does what he says he's going to do, without hurting people, I'll vote for him next election, and even put his sticker on my truck.
But if he turns this country into an America that I don't recognize, where hatred and fear drive our politics, I'll be against him, and everything he stands for.
As the New Testament says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Matthew 7:13
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

[quote="mark poulson"]Sorry Brian for dragging you into this.

But if he turns this country into an America that I don't recognize, where hatred and fear drive our politics, I'll be against him, and everything he stands for.

HaHaHa.................The man has done nothing of the sort. The Liberals and the media have made this up. The only violence has come from the left and if/when its reported the media tames it down to nothing. So if enforcing immigration laws is racist then I guess every country on this planet is racist because they all do it better then us.

Conservatives have had it bad the last 16 years. Lets just see how all this plays out before anybody speculates or jumps to conclusions.

Oh yeah, Trump is calling the shots. He's doing the things he said he was going to do prior to being elected. If you want a prime example of a president that was not in charge look no further then Obama. He done what the lobbyists told him to do. Do you really believe he had his hands in Obamacare? I can guarantee he did not write one page of it nor did any of his handlers or any politician on the left.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Robb R wrote:Brian ,
First off , let me say I appreciate your service to our country . I think every child born , should spend time in our military right after high school ---helps them grow up and become responsible and helps mediate the vast numbers of parents that do a poor job .
Regarding the way Trump talks ---- I could care less . I am glad he is ruffling feathers at every level , including internationally . As a Society , we have fallen victim to "smooth talking " politicians for way too long . Politicians have perfected their talking points and the way they deliver them and the majority of Americans have " fallen " for it and we are now paying the price for that stupidity .
As for Trump being stupid , NOT A CHANCE , he beat 16 other republican candidates and the Hillary machine ( which includes the liberal media that clearly runs how Americans view our world )-- and he spent less money doing it.
In 2015 , California spent over $25 billion on illegal aliens in this state( loaded cost = health care , education , jails/prisons etc..) ---is that how you want your tax money spent ? I strongly believe we can do better and voting in the same "smooth talking " politicians is just plain wrong .
I couldn't be happier that we have an experienced business man in office of President and I could care less how talks.
I hope some day we get a "business man " as Governor of California or our taxes will keep going up and less actual work will get done --- and if he/she "stutters " in his talking points ---I don't give a chit .
Appreciate the kind sentiment Robb. I agree with most of your points.... politicians are just that. If you have ever had a chance to go to political event or dinner and met the representative, you will see that they are the most charming and welcoming person in the room. Doesn't matter which side you are on. There is a certain je ne sais quoi that makes them likable.

Shaking things up is a dual edge sword. I would have coined it more like a bull in a China shop. There isn't much grace navigating thru the proverbial isles of budgets, legislation, acts, and bills from previous administrations. Lets not forget about international agreements of trade and working with our NATO allies. Shaking these things up are not necessarily a good thing. Years of negotiation went into development of these relationships. Case in point... the "spy ship" that was off the East Coast last week. Our President casually joked about blowing up another nations ship as if were a just a thing to do or my interpretation ... "I have the power to blow some shi.t-up ". They were within international waters. Not sure if that's chest beating or patriotic.

Yes, Trump is a business man but our Nation, laws, and democratic way of life doesn't setup very well to be run like a business. Some of those skills can be used, however most presidents (business owners in this analogy) need support from their staff. If it were to be operated like a business, it would take many decades of deconstruction and rebuilding. I would have more faith in someone like a Bill Gates who is very smart and tactical in his approach. But we got what we got. Trump has had years of controversy follow him due to his very questionable business exploits. From re negotiating contracts after the work has been done and saying this is what I am going to pay you... take it or leave it, to bankrupting 100's million dollars. Is it business sure, but its pure corporate greed that leaves a devastating wake with small business hurting.

US citizens are now those "small businesses" and I hope that Trump and his team make good sound decisions to take great care of our Nation and our values.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Brian ,
I understand your points . From my perspective being involved in international business for over 30 years , I get it .
This nation is a disaster , Government spending has run amuck ---we are almost $20 Trillion in debt and it's growing by the millisecond . It's totally unsustainable . The only other choice was a career politician that was so bad , we needed a corrupt DOJ and FBI to keep her out of prison where she belongs. Not to mention how her and Billy ran an international money laundering scheme and called it charity . It seems you did a good job at pulling out the negative media reports on Trump ----but did you read any of the positive stuff ? The liberal media , liberal colleges and entitled babies cry over the dumbest stuff . Today they were crying about transgender bathrooms , tomorrow it will more worthless stupid crying .
If you don't believe that big Government is bad , take Gary's rod building business . If it was run by Government , the "company " would have ten managers watching one person actually work , the rods would break after 1 hour of fishing and they would cost $10,000. Then the "company " would ask consumers for more money because the money we have to pay isn't enough ----and because like true Government , they would effectively be a monopoly and we would be forced to pay more for a bad product ----probably a bad analogy --- but I just described 99% of Government and any/all Government monopolistic agencies . So much for smooth talkers . I would take an egotistical , loudmouth , with tons of positive business experience (despite Liberal media ) and a bad hairdo over smooth talking career politicians----everyday of the week and twice on Sundays
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Amen, Robb R, amen.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Points noted Robb. As I said, we got what we got. I hope he rises the challenge to keep America strong as its already great. Always has been. Thanks for the conversation. PAX