delta

cory

delta

Post by cory »

Hey guys went out this morning on the delta , it's been about three months since I've been out due to my work schedule but the bite was really tough the waters moving so fast and only about 3 or 4 inches of viability. I threw drop shot , cranked, threw jigs slow rolled spinnebaits , jerk baits no takers did manage to get a 8 pound striper on a drop shot and another 5 pound striper on a crank bait . Any suggestions on what to throw when the waters moving that fast and it's that dirty or is I t better just to sit it out, I've always been under the impression a day fishing is better then not even if you get skunked
fishercurtis

Re: delta

Post by fishercurtis »

Seems like no one gives info anymore. I fished on Monday and found 8 fish on chatterbaits and jigs . Fished in dead end sloughs and water was clearer. Found them in sparse tullie on flats next to deeper water. Biggest went 6.5#. 20lbs for best 5. Fished very slowly. Black & Blue and Green pumpkin colors.
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
cory

Post by cory »

It's good to hear that their are fish out their I had very little time this morning before work so i couldn't venture to far i went out of b&w their were two other boats their and that was it when usually the lots half full
Winxp_man

Post by Winxp_man »

I would add this give it another month or so. Especially with the water coming out of the hills into the delta. Strippers I would say are doable though.
tbass858

Post by tbass858 »

I sucked Friday as well, 630-330 for 2 fish. It looks like we are going to warm up quick though
cory

Post by cory »

I know the bass federation is launching out of b&w tomorrow I'd like to see the weight they bring in with current conditions , also if someone wants to go out in the morning sometime or on the weekend in would mind someone to fish with I only have a tricked out Jon boat but it gets the job done
RA8R55

Post by RA8R55 »

Went out today 6:30 to 2:00. Fished Franks (drop offs, tullies) and hit the docks too. Through the tackle box. Not a bite. Tuff fishing
cory

Post by cory »

Bump