Please Help / Fallen Officer Sons lost all fishing Equipment

PF3352

Please Help / Fallen Officer Sons lost all fishing Equipment

Post by PF3352 »

Thank you for anything you can donate to these two boys. They have gone through so much this last year after loosing their father to an "On Duty" motorcycle accident in San Jose on June 14, 2016. Officer Katherman was a great Officer, a friend, but an even a better father. His son's Josh (10) and Jason (8) live south of San Jose and lost all of their fishing equipment during the last floods. They are living in an apartment setting while the house is being restored. That being said if you can clean out your tackle while the lakes are closed or you happen to be at the tackle shop and purchase that extra lure, reel, or rod, I will gladly except it and get it to the boys. They have to start over as their equipment is gone. Please pass this message on to any bait shops, rod companies, etc. I only belong to Western Bass so if anyone can relay my post to other sites that would be great. I want to get them ready for the spring bite.

I live in Brentwood and work in San Jose. I will do my best to help pickup anything. My work address is San Jose Police Academy, 6087 Great Oaks Parkway, San Jose, 95119. Please address it to me ( Sgt. Paul Fontaine #3352). If you would like to add a card or send gift card please do and add a note so that I can make sure the boys know who you are. If you like you can bring me items in person to the Academy so I can personally shake your hand.

Thank you,

Sgt. Paul Fontaine #3352
San Jose Police Academy
6087 Great Oaks Parkway
San Jose, Ca. 95119
408-781-5832 (text preferred)
Attachments
Katherman 2.JPG
Katherman 1.JPG
Rod Martin

Re: Please Help / Fallen Officer Sons lost all fishing Equipment

Post by Rod Martin »

What kind of fishing do the boys do ? What kind of equipment do they need/want.

Thanks
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Hi Paul ,
I wanted to reach out , my son used to know Officer Katherman from his association at Valley Christian High School .
My son lives in Texas now and isn't able to contribute , but I am .
I have some gear I can drop off to you at your work ( I Live in south san jose ) ,
Let me know a time this week and I will come by to drop off some gear .
best regards,
Robb
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

Rod Martin wrote:What kind of fishing do the boys do ? What kind of equipment do they need/want.

Thanks
Rod at this point I'm trying to just get the basics back to them (Although I will be taking them to the delta this spring). I really appreciate your text and the Tackle Warehouse gift card. They will be stoked. I will let you know what they get. Due to them being in school it might take a little bit of time to get back with the info.
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

I will be fishing the rest of the WWBT Team Tournaments if you want to hook up there on the water before or after game day. I can also arrange for drop off in the Galt/Lodi area as well if needed. I will also be in Sac for the State Police Memorial, March 7-8 is that works for pick up.

Thanks,
Paul Fontaine
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

Robb R wrote:Hi Paul ,
I wanted to reach out , my son used to know Officer Katherman from his association at Valley Christian High School .
My son lives in Texas now and isn't able to contribute , but I am .
I have some gear I can drop off to you at your work ( I Live in south san jose ) ,
Let me know a time this week and I will come by to drop off some gear .
best regards,
Robb
Thanks Robb
I will be at the academy most of the week, although I have a few midday meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday around the lunch hour. I usually arrive at 6am. Just give me a text on when would be good for you and I will try and make it. Friday I may try and hit the delta so it may not work. Most other weeks I'm there Tuesday- Friday 6-5

Paul
Buddyrocks

Post by Buddyrocks »

Ive got a duckett rod and bunch of cranks spinnerbaits and soft plastics i can donate. 510-778-5662 give me jingle mabye we can set up a meeting point.
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

Buddyrocks wrote:Ive got a duckett rod and bunch of cranks spinnerbaits and soft plastics i can donate. 510-778-5662 give me jingle mabye we can set up a meeting point.

Thank you. The boys will love it. I will give you a call.

Paul Fontaine
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Just checking in.
Did you get enough to get the guys back to where they were in fishing ?
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

Rod Martin wrote:Just checking in.
Did you get enough to get the guys back to where they were in fishing ?
The boys are back on the water. The support was great. I was still picking up equipment as late as 6pm last night. I cant thank you enough for your support. The boy went to Bass Pro shops on Wednesday with a small group of officers and collected some gear they wanted. We will be have a much larger shopping spree with the donations that came in from WB website possibly next week. They are in school and trying to keep busy on their days off. Once I can get them completely set up I will take a photo with everything they received. Let's put it this way. They now have better equipment then most tournament guys, including me.

Gear is still coming through the mail and probably will slow next week and that may be a good time to present them with everything.

Guarantee Mike is smiling.

Paul Fontaine
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Glad the guys are back up and running :D
mahoney

Post by mahoney »

I would like to help the boys out. What do you need as far as gear? Thanks
PF3352

Post by PF3352 »

mahoney wrote:I would like to help the boys out. What do you need as far as gear? Thanks

To be honest, the support the boys have received from this website and private donations, they are back on the water and have some awesome gear. Once it all comes together I will try and some up what they received. The boys will be going to BPS and Tackle Warehouse to redeem the Gift certificates they have received within the next couple of weeks. They are in school and we are trying to work around their busy schedules. If you would like to donate a gift card from any of the WB sponsors or a BPS e-card I'm sure the boys would love it. I just mentioned fishing gear but so much more was lost in the flood. Shopping at BPS gets their minds off everything else. I'm grateful for all the outpour of support and I'm sure Mike is smiling above. My email address is

paul.fontaine@sanjoseca.gov

Thank you,
Paul Fontaine