Need help w Spinnerbait & chatterbait rod action & power?

Bassmonkey1980

Need help w Spinnerbait & chatterbait rod action & power?

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

Ok heres the deal i got 1 rod that is 7foot medium heavy. MODERATE FAST and 1 rod that is. 7foot 2 medium heavy EXTRA FAST what rod is better for the spinnerbait and what rod is better for my chatterbait thanks any nuggets of advice is appreciated i got my note book out THANKS WB!
Last edited by Bassmonkey1980 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
DDG

Re: Spinnerbait & chatterbait rod action & power?

Post by DDG »

spinnerbait 7'2 - 7'3 mh 4 power rod

chatterbait 7'-7'5 mh 3 power - i like a lighter action for jigging it through grass etc
Bassmonkey1980

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

DDG wrote:spinnerbait 7'2 - 7'3 mh 4 power rod

chatterbait 7'-7'5 mh 3 power - i like a lighter action for jigging it through grass etc
would you use a 7'2 medium heavy extra fast for a chatterbait and a 7ft medium moderate fast for spinnerbait or the other way around
Freefall

Re: Need help w Spinnerbait & chatterbait rod action & power?

Post by Freefall »

I like the mod fast for the chatterbait because I like how it loads up.

I throw my spinnerbaits on a 7' 3 power ex fast on braid. I like the tip action for casts and the power to pull fish out.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Try those rods with both baits, and see which setup feels best to you.
A rod is a bait delivery tool, first of all. Second, it is a hook setting tool, and, finally, it needs to let you land the fish.
Only you can define what your needs are.
Both rods can do all those things with both baits.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Dobyns 744dx is hands down my favorite chatter rod. Nice tip and has great backbone. For spinnerbaits Dobyns 733 or 734 is a good choice imho. Spinnerbait rod needs to have a lighter tip so you can feel the blades spinning/ or not spinning.
DDG

Post by DDG »

Bassmonkey1980 wrote:
DDG wrote:spinnerbait 7'2 - 7'3 mh 4 power rod

would you use a 7'2 medium heavy extra fast for a chatterbait and a 7ft medium moderate fast for spinnerbait or the other way around
other way around, i personally like a heavier action with a fast tip for spinner baits, like a 754CB rod i always go between glass and graphite for blades, what i look for most is the rod NOT feeling over powered by the spinnerbait, since you are consistently reeling in a spinnerbait, where as a chatterbait you are jigging it and reeling it figuring out how the fish want it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

[quote=" For spinnerbaits Dobyns 733 or 734 is a good choice imho. Spinnerbait rod needs to have a lighter tip so you can feel the blades spinning/ or not spinning.[/quote]

And to help with casting accuracy.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY