What is best synthetic oil for4 cycle

Inland fisheries advocate

What is best synthetic oil for4 cycle

Post by Inland fisheries advocate »

I have a Suzuki 140 & 15 kicker...what synthetic is best. Do you also use on outdrive
Thanks
Gary Dobyns

Re: What is best synthetic oil for4 cycle

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I'd recommend Lucas Oil. They make everything you need. If it has Lucas name on it you are getting superior oil. They do nothing cheap. Plus they put money back into fishing industry. Can't beat Lucas Oil products.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Inland fisheries advocate wrote:I have a Suzuki 140 & 15 kicker...what synthetic is best. Do you also use on outdrive
Thanks
That's all a matter of opinion...ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers. I generally stick to the manufacturer's oil if they make one.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Inland fisheries advocate wrote:I have a Suzuki 140 & 15 kicker...what synthetic is best. Do you also use on outdrive
Thanks
Although you can use any TCW 3 rated oil from any manufacturer in your motor, none of them can require you to use their brand oil.

Yes I am supported by Lucas oil so I am biased towards it. However here are some facts about it.
1) it's first ran oil
2) when purchased in individual gallons, it's usually less money
3) its smokeless and burns cleaner, I only know this because the inside of my prop doesn't have all the carbon build up it used to.
4) whether you fish tournaments or not, Lucas oil does put money back into our industry.
5) Lucas has lasting lubricity in its oil so even after you engine is turned off its still working.

Whatever you decide just consider supporting those companies that support our sport.

If your close to gone Fishin marine in Dixon, they carry a full line of Lucas oil products.

Thank You
Ken Mah
drew

Post by drew »

I'm not sure if the previous responder's realized your asking for a syn oil recommendation for a 4 stroke. I'm an engineer with IC engine experience and no affiliation with any oil company/blender.

I recommend an oil that is specified for marine 4 strokes and not for automobile applications. Automobile oils have restritions on the chemistry for catalytic convertor compatability. If Suzuki does not offer a synthetic oil I would look at the other outboard manufacturers offering. I know Yamaha and Mercury make hp syn oils for their 4 strokes. If you are set on a using a high ester oil I recommend Redline or Motul.

For a gear oil I recommend the same. I have had good sucess with the Mercury hp gear oil and it is ready avaiable.

Thanks
kmah

Post by kmah »

Thanks Drew,

Here's the marine product line,
http://lucasoil.com/products/marine-products

Drew is correct, I was talking about the two-stroke oil.

K. Mah
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

If lucas Marine Oil is anything like their 2 Stroke Oil I wouldn't think twice. I have been running lucas 2 stroke oil in my boat for two seasons now and my hub looks cleaner then it ever did with mercury. I also run the Synthetic Oil Stabilizer in my Toyota. Clean brother, no knocks pings or rattles on a 150k plus motor.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/