Ranger Live Well Valve (V3) Flow-Rite (Rec, Empty, Auto)

Share vehicle info.
Flippinjigs

Ranger Live Well Valve (V3) Flow-Rite (Rec, Empty, Auto)

Post by Flippinjigs »

Here is some info which may be known by some and not by others. I thought I would share it with you any aways it can save you some cash if your good with you hands.

I own a classic Ranger Z-20 a 2005 model the first year the Z boats came out (now 12 years old). My boat has a three position Live well valve (V3 valve) Rec, Empty, and Auto. Once the boat was on plane the live well would empty. Would not hold any water unless the boat was resting in the water, Not a good thing for fish.

It seems the three rubber flapper valves inside the live well valve will deteriorate at the mounting holes sooner or later. Easy to disable and rebuild with the seal kit. The kit part number is MA-060, Price $11.23, Plus shipping from Flow-Rite company, a new valve cost $35.00 +, plus shipping. With this kit you can repair the following valves V1, V2, V3, V4 and V5 which ever you have. I purchased a spare kit as we have two Z-20's boats equally as old.

The kit contains Four Flapper Valves, Two "O' Rings, Stainless Steel hardware, and Actuating arm and Cam. Just thought you might want to know.
If you do nothing expect nothing!