The Greatest Whopper Ever Told

Jpurdue

The Greatest Whopper Ever Told

Post by Jpurdue »

I wrote a lengthy blog post on George Perry's 22 lb 4-ounce fish a few days ago. Through my research I wound up crossing paths with Bill Baab, the worlds foremost expert on Perry. I believe it to be the most extensive critical review of the record out there. Some never before evidence around the timing of the catch is also introduced. I'm no Hemingway, but I hope you enjoy the read! I originally posted this on the Texasfishingforum, but figured you Cali guys have even more skin in the game.

(By the way clicks/views are not monetized on the site. I'd post the whole thing here, but it's rather long and the pictures would be out of place.)

https://www.lunkerlore.com/single-post/ ... -Ever-Told

www.lunkerlore.com
Whoopbass

Re: The Greatest Whopper Ever Told

Post by Whoopbass »

I didn't know there was that much controversy regarding the catch. The only thing I read was that the fish may have been a striper which is just silly. With all the info you dug up now I have my doubts and it does make it the greatest whopper ever told. Guys chased that record for decades. Anyhow, someone is going to have to catch a bass that approaches Dottie's size for it to be a big deal. Heck, for several years there would be a thread started on here about a potential world record catch but that died out years ago. The WR chase seems to be done now but it was interesting while it was happening. I guess Ol George Perry's story made that happen which isn't all that bad.
Thanks for the story.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Great read, thanks for sharing.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Jboutfishn wrote:Great read, thanks for sharing.
X2
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY