WWBT teams ?

basshol

WWBT teams ?

Post by basshol »

So I noticed that the Arizona team circuit only took the top50 boats for the championship.Is it because of the lower draw? Cal. Team circuit is drawing triple that amount ate they taking the same amount or top 75. Last year I believe they took 75.
kmah

Re: WWBT teams ?

Post by kmah »

From their rules. Top 50
Attachments
IMG_1309.PNG
basshol

Post by basshol »

Then I guess we're both on the fence to do something on the delta.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Guys, last year we had some teams qualify with only 2 events. The feedback we received on our questionnaire last year was anglers didn't like this. They wanted guys to have to fish at least 3 events. So the rules were changed so you must fish 3 events and be in the top 50 in points OR fish 4 out of 4 and you'll qualify. The CA numbers are averaging 170 boats so I know we'll be taking quite a number over 50 to Berryessa. The last team event will be on Cal Delta launching out of Big Break Marina. We are going to delay blast-off until 7 AM to give anglers enough time to boat over from other locations. Hope to see you there.
Bassn45

Post by Bassn45 »

Gary,
From the WWBT Website Team Rules Page #56 below. Are the teams that finish 51-? (who fished 4 events) then all considered sponsor exemptions? I am not seeing where it states that fishing 4 or 4 events qualifies you for the Championship Invitational?

56. CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The top 50 teams based on the Angler of the Year (AOY) points from each division who fish all 4 qualifying events will receive an invitation to the Championship Invitational. There are no throw outs for WWBT Team Events.

WWBT reserves the right to work down the AOY list to ensure a full field at the Championship Invitational.
Teams who fish 3 events and accrue enough AOY points to be in the top 50 may be invited.
WWBT also reserves the right to invite sponsor exemptions for the Championship Invitational provided that those contestants fished in all 4 events.
TEAMS MUST HAVE BOTH TEAM MEMBERS AT 3 OF THE 4 OF THE QUALIFYINGEVENTS to accrue AOY Points.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

We will not be using any sponsor exemptions with team events.

Any team fishing 4 of the 4 events will receive an invitation for Championship. This is a change we made from last year. It's a reward for following the circuit all year. Truthfully, some guys don't like this and some do. We need to keep our numbers up to help with sponsors. We pay back more than 100% cash at each event so sponsors need to be happy and they are with our event numbers. Thank to you guys!!!!!
basshol

Post by basshol »

That's the change I remember hearing from you.since I sucked so bad this year I may,need it.