Hook 5 Downscan HDI Transducer Installation on TM

Moderator: Ken Sauret

TonyB

Hook 5 Downscan HDI Transducer Installation on TM

Post by TonyB »

I'm installing this transducer on my trolling motor (sorry about the sideways pic, don't know how to rotate it). Does the flat end of the transducer face forward or towards the rear of the trolling motor? The instructions that came with the trolling motor mount shows the flat face of the transducer facing forward, but I saw something on YouTube that said the instructions were backwards and that the pointed end should be facing towards the front of the trolling motor housing. The installation instructions for mounting the transducer on the transom shows the pointy end facing forward so I would think that would be the same direction when mounted on the trolling motor. Thanks in advance.

TonyB
Attachments
IMG_9303.JPG
TonyB

Re: Hook 5 Downscan HDI Transducer Installation on TM

Post by TonyB »

I received a reply from the Lowrance website and the tapered nose faces forward on this transducer. The flat end is the back of the transducer. This is the reverse of what is shown on the trolling motor bracket instructions.

TonyB
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

TonyB wrote:I received a reply from the Lowrance website and the tapered nose faces forward on this transducer. The flat end is the back of the transducer. This is the reverse of what is shown on the trolling motor bracket instructions.

TonyB
Thanks for sharing that.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

I received a second email from Lowrance saying that mounting the transducer with the pointed end facing forward creates less cavitation or disturbance around the transducer. It shouldn't matter if it is reversed as long as the transducer is facing down.

TonyB