Fun tournament at Lake Almanor!

Larry Hemphill

Fun tournament at Lake Almanor!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Fishing buddy Mike Sperbeck asked me if I wanted to fish a tournament at Lake Alamanor. I hadn't fished a tournament for many years since I enjoy guiding and teaching more. But any chance to fish this beautiful lake is a go for me. The tournament was an open tourney run by the Mountain Bass Association. I think there were about 40 boats - not sure. I am not a judge of recent tournaments, but I thought this one was run very well. Lots of raffle prizes at the post tournament gathering! Mike and I were able to pre-fish for awhile on a gorgeous Friday. Mount Lassen was a sight to behold and snow everywhere around the mountains. Saturday started chilly but nice - until the wind came up - but not bad. We did our thing but luckily Mike had the hot rod. My smallies wound up being released as his were the biggest - 5 for 17.23 lbs - all over 3 lbs. We each received our 3rd place trophy in the ceremony - very cool! Mike also had one the three smallies over 4 lbs for 3rd big fish. I did a great job netting his fish however - never missed one!! I enjoyed talking to several of the guys after the tournament - fun! I thought the payout was very good and we left with a very nice check! Thanks to the guys and gals who ran a nice tournament!!!
MT

Re: Fun tournament at Lake Almanor!

Post by MT »

That's a nice sack of small mouth! Wish that place wasn't so far from me but it sounds like a great lake. Thanks for the report.
Jsperle

Post by Jsperle »

Thanks Larry, We appreciate you coming out and fishing with us. We had 38 Boats to be exact, We are hoping we will be able to fill the field next year. If any one you know would like to come fish with us we will be holding the tournament again 2018. Our website information is http://www.mountainbassassociation.com/
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

My pleasure - it was a nice event, and the fishing wasn't bad either!!
Mountain Bass Association

Post by Mountain Bass Association »

Thanks Larry for the positive remarks and we are happy you enjoyed yourself. It was nice to actually meet you in person after reviewing your informative posts for the past several years. Hopefully, you and Mike can make it back again next year. Dave S.