Clear Lake fishing report?

Devon8604

Clear Lake fishing report?

Post by Devon8604 »

Heading up to CL to do some Bass fishing Saturday. Anyone been having any luck? I heard the bite is still tough and the bass are still in the spawn. Any advice would help. Thanks.
WB Staff

Re: Clear Lake fishing report?

Post by WB Staff »

Larry Hemphill

Some Thoughts

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I just posted a report. Remember, Clear Lake bass fishing has been greatly influenced by constantly changing weather patterns for the last 5 months and rising and falling water levels along with the rising and falling of water temps. There really hasn't been a steady nice weather pattern all spring - even for a few days. My 2 days guiding this week offered totally different weather patterns - in a 24 hour period!!! One day north wind, the next day south wind. One day, calm water. Next day - whitecaps everywhere! This year probably will give us the 3 month spawning period. Imagine if we get a 4 or 5 day warming trend!!!! If bass could speak, their favorite word would be STABILITY! Cold or hot - FINE!! Just not every other day!!!!!!
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

can't wait until the spawn is over "bass & Shad" !...the lake was absolutely "wide open" ! last summer ! hope this year will be the same !.....
Devon8604

Post by Devon8604 »

I agree. Last year the spawn period seemed to last only a couple weekends. Last year at this time i was able to put 60-70 fish in the boat in a days trip. I do believe once the weather starts hitting summer patterns we will see the bite pick up. I was curious if anyone was able to beat the norm on the lake. Hope the wind dies down tomorrow some what.