Fading Robo MMIIIs

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Fading Robo MMIIIs

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

The purple in my MMIII's keeps fading out. Just a month ago I put two new bags in the boat and yesterday I noticed they were already badly faded. I have an older pack od MMIII's in a separate bag that has almost completely lost all the the color in the plastic where it should be purple. What's interesting is the blue and brown portion are still fine and I have a year old pack of Aaron's Magic in the boat that still looks good as new....it's just the purple of the MMIIIs. Anyone else have this issue and know how to prevent it? Any way to bring the dark purple back? I store them in the plastic bags they come in with no other color plastic in the same bag touching them so it's not a bleeding issue. The bags then go into a 3700 and there are other brands and colors of plastic in there but all the others are in plastic bags too. Are they somehow reacting with something else in the container, is it heat, did Robo switch to a lesser quality purple coloring???? I don't drop shot a lot but when I do I want my MMIIs to be dark purple the way I buy them, not light purple or pink. For now I just use the fading ones during practice but it's a little annoying. My buddy is a drop shoot junky and goes through packs of Robo's like nobodies business and he has the same issue with the purple fading so I know it's not just me. Any helpful suggestions
mark poulson

Re: Fading Robo MMIIIs

Post by mark poulson »

Contact Robo. They should take care of you.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Had the same issue once. Contact robo and they will fix it. They have good customer service!
Dave Poolman

Post by Dave Poolman »

Peoples worms fade as well. rumor has it CA regs on colors and dyes has them using colors that fade easier. We have the same problem with industrial coatings. Ca doesnt allow the good stuff. Have to send it to Mexico. Govt stupidity at its finest.. Robo still makes the best worm.. my .02
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

We just had this conversation Saturday. My partner who drop shots a lot,said all his MM111 are fading really fast. Something must have changed.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Same here, a buddy and were discussing this at the last tournament.
Morgan
Bassphish

Post by Bassphish »

Noticed the same thing happening last year and thought it was something I did as far as storing them. Bought some more worms from Tackle Warehouse, and when they stated to fade, Tackle Warehouse replaced them. Lately, I've just been throwing 'em away.
Last edited by Bassphish on Mon May 15, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Not a new problem folks. I believe Robo is working on a permanent solution. The good news: RoboWorm has excellent customer service.
Bazfshn33

Post by Bazfshn33 »

Hey guys this is Mark from Roboworm. Many apologies for anyone experiencing fading with our product. We stand behind our product 100% and we will replace any bags of faded worms. In remaining compliant to California regulations, our raw materials have had to change over the years. Unfortunately, during this process, a bad batch of plastic ran through the system that resulted in this fading problem. This problem has since been fixed, and our worms have never looked better. This new plastic has gone through extensive field, and shelf life testing. It has passed both with flying colors.

If you have any faded product, please contact me directly for replacement. 805-389-1636 mark@roboworm.com
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Bazfshn33 wrote:Hey guys this is Mark from Roboworm. Many apologies for anyone experiencing fading with our product. We stand behind our product 100% and we will replace any bags of faded worms. In remaining compliant to California regulations, our raw materials have had to change over the years. Unfortunately, during this process, a bad batch of plastic ran through the system that resulted in this fading problem. This problem has since been fixed, and our worms have never looked better. This new plastic has gone through extensive field, and shelf life testing. It has passed both with flying colors.

If you have any faded product, please contact me directly for replacement. 805-389-1636 mark@roboworm.com
This is why I choose Robo and Yamamoto over bigger companies.

I was raised off of income from a family business and my wifeis a business owner. I respect companies that stand behind there products and take care of customers. Nicely done.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
roaddog

Post by roaddog »

It doesn't get any better than that. Mark, because you guys are willing to step up and replace any faded worms, you've got a customer for life. Wish all companies had great customer service like Roboworm. Can't think of too many companies that are willing to step up like that. Thanks Roboworm, and thank you Mark.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

thanks Mark. I will have to go thru my backstock in the garage peg board to cull out the faded ones. I'll be sending you those old packs soon. Great customer service!! F- those fake zoom knockoffs!
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian D. wrote:thanks Mark. I will have to go thru my backstock in the garage peg board to cull out the faded ones. I'll be sending you those old packs soon. Great customer service!! F- those fake zoom knockoffs!

Howard, Howard, Howard.....tell us how you really feel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bassphish

Post by Bassphish »

I just wanted to say thanks to Mark at Roboworm. After reading Mark's post on this thread, I gave him a phone call, left a message, and in less that a hour he returned my call. I explained the situation, and he agreed to make things right regarding the defective worms. Now, THAT'S customer service and standing behind your product!
Dave Poolman

Post by Dave Poolman »

2nd that on big thanks to Roboworm.
Larry Hemphill

Same experience for me!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I had the same problem and the same experience - MMIII's were replace immediately. Glad to hear the problem has been solved!!
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I talked to Mark with Robo this am and he's replacing all my faded worms....great customer service, thanks Mark

He added they did have some issues a while back which has since been corrected so there shouldn't be any more fading going forward. However,depending on where you buy them from the seller may still have some of the old bad stuff on hand.

Now if I could only catch a fish lol
fishwithron

Post by fishwithron »

went back got the inf I needed..

thanx
Al S.

Post by Al S. »

Spoke with Mark this A.M. No questions asked - replacements in the works. Dynamite product and awesome customer service!!!!!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

That's awesome service for sure...

I had a few bags that I put into one larger bag and they faded. The funny thing is... some time went by and I was digging through my worms looking for them and could not find them.. I grabbed the bag of faded and thought for a moment, when did I buy these? what color is this? hahaha...
I think I put one on and they still caught fish.. hahaha..

Good to know if I run into the problem again I can send them back due to the stand up customer service..
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

Haven't had the fading issue but have noticed it seems that they fall off the hook more than before. Was thinking they changed their plastic formula.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I had about 10 bags that I just left on a hook not knowing what to do with them. Mark took care of me right away. Thanks Robo and Mark!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

A buddy and I are up at Clear Lake and before I had a chance to tell him about the great service from Robo, he decided to use them up. He was catching lots of bass on them. Go figure.....

Morgan
Phishphinder

Post by Phishphinder »

I had 15 or so bags of robo worms that had not been used that experienced fading and i sent them back to robo worm. One week later, no questions asked, they sent me 15 new bags of worms!! They also sent me a couple of stickers, which I put one on the back of my truck. Great service and great product! A BIG THANK YOU to the folks at Robo Worm in Camarillo!!