Etec, G2 and Merc

monte300

Etec, G2 and Merc

Post by monte300 »

I have a year 2000 175 Evinrude Ficht and I've had very little problems with it in 17 years and I'm not the easiest on my engine, running with the hammer down much of the time. The motor probably only has around 400 hours on it. In my next boat I'm considering the Etec, Etec G2 and the Mercury Optimax. The first time I saw the radical look of the G2 I was a bit put off. However, I've grown to like the look over time. Can I get your general opinions on these three engines? Thanks in advance!
Whoopbass

Re: Etec, G2 and Merc

Post by Whoopbass »

I done a lot of research and after deciding I bought a G2. My boat is currently at the dealer so I haven't ran it yet. The biggest negative on buying an G2 is price and the few authorized dealers in this area. My repower is going to cost around $21K for a 225hp G2. That's lake ready. I had to order the motor from back East since local dealers can't compete with their pricing. Dealers around here only try and sell Mercury or Yamaha. I paid about $17K for my motor. If you decide to buy a G2 message me and I will give you the info on the dealer I bought my motor from.