In hull transducer help

Moderator: Ken Sauret

skeeter412

In hull transducer help

Post by skeeter412 »

Hey guys i currently have a lowrance 522c igps with a in hull transduce. Im upgrading to a gen 1 hds7 with the Lss1 structure scan box. Im curious if i should leave the in hull transducer or pull it out and run the skimmer? Also how does the temp sensor hook up on the 522c? Thanks for advice in advance
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: In hull transducer help

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

My guess is the connector plugs are different for the new unit so you'll probably have to put in a new ducer anyhow. My vote is to put in another shoot thru hull puck; less crap hanging off the back off the boat waiting to get caught up on something but it's not a big difference either way. With a shoot thru hull puck you will need to run a separate temp probe; pretty sure its just a pigtail off the puck plug. You can leave the old puck in place if you have enough flat space inside your hull to glue the new one in or take the old one out / doesnt effect things either way. I had 3 old pucks in mine before I decided to remove them all and start over
skeeter412

Post by skeeter412 »

thanks you BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

Your current bilge transducer will work with the HDS units. If it has temp on the 522, it will with the HDS units too. You will have to go into the Sonar Installation menu and select the transducer type. There should be a silver tag near the connector that will give you the model number. It will most likely be either PD, PDT, or PDRT followed by a dash and WBL. If it is over 10 years old, you might at least think about replacing it. The Skimmer will work but as mentioned if you want to put it in the bilge, just get the a new one of the same model you currently have. If you have a completely separate temp sensor, that is a different beast and would have to be configured. My guess is you have a PDRT which is a Pod with Remote Temp.

NoCAL
skeeter412

Post by skeeter412 »

thanks NoCAL