Progress on San Vicente Lake...SoCal

TravisH

Progress on San Vicente Lake...SoCal

Post by TravisH »

Hey there guys! just a heads up to all the SoCal anglers out there, my buddy Ricky Shabazz has been putting in work Sonar logging San Vicente Lake.. So be sure to Update all your Navionics Products such as your mapping cards and your Mobile Apps! Heres a shot of the Progress!

Travis Huckaby
Attachments
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Dynastyworms

Re: Progress on San Vicente Lake...SoCal

Post by Dynastyworms »

Lowrance Insight Genesis Social Map already has 100% of the lake done. 8)
contium

Post by contium »

Navinocs Sonar Chart live is a joke. I mapped several lakes and the end result available to download was a waste of my time. They complete filter out the subtle details that are what you are looking for as can be seen in this case as well. I only use Insight Genesis now. That said, the Insight Genesis social map I get isn't even close to 100%.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Here you go guys, some of the statements posted didn't make any sense so I forwarded it on to the Uppers at Navionics and here is the response....

Quote:

“ Travis (or your screen name), thank you for sending this my way. I tried to register for the site and I have not yet received the confirmation from admin yet but hopefully will soon. My name is Paul and I am the National Sales Manager at Navionics. I was very concerned to see this link from Travis (screen name). We at Navionics strive to give our customers the latest information and best products with the best data so I became concerned. I immediately wanted to get to the source of this concern as SonarChart Live has been received very well in the marketplace for Navionics and Lowrance.

When I read the below, it is sad that the comment is simply not truthful. Here is why:
- SonarChart Live gives INSTANT Contours Live. One foot contours at any speed you want to go as long as you hold bottom. Not just a track but instant one foot contours. All details are shown. Edwin Evers used this himself in between trees to better map areas that can’t be reached easily by survey boats and get data right then in his Elite events.
- The main problem with the below statement is one CAN NOT submit logs from Lowrance products to Navionics to be later downloaded. SonarChart Live detail is all Lowrance users can currently use which is the best detail at one foot. So what is told below about download simply can’t be done and isn’t truthful.
- On San Vicente, the lake is available to download free if you have an active Navionics chart.

Bottom line: I notice the negative comments appear to be from Lowrance field staff based on links. Guys, if you want to talk about your great Lowrance product coupled with Navionics features which help sell your Lowrance electronics and benefit your sponsor and fishermen, that might be a smart move. Many anglers are greatly enjoying SonarChart Live with success. Don’t be negative and have untruthful stories about another product experience. If you like to use Genesis, then do so. To not be truthful to try and promote your own agenda is just bad business. I have a copy of this link and will be forwarding on to Lowrance as I’m sure they wouldn’t want their people to present themselves in a dishonest way with a feature they are proud to partner on us with.

Happy Fishing all and play nice”

Paul Michele
National Sales Manager Americas
contium

Post by contium »

Actually sorry. I need to correct my previous post. Sonar Charts Live is amazing. The issue I have is once the data is uploaded, the public Sonar Charts look no where as detailed as the Sonar Charts Live. I have used Sonar Charts Live on a tablet and now built in my Lowrance HDS.
contium

Post by contium »

And I don't know who Paul is referring to but if me I am hardly Lowrance staff. I sold 3 Garmins and switched to Lowrance so I could use Navionics.
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

I will say that as someone who has seen what every company to offer, I would put up SonarChartsLive against any thing on the market. Having options is good for the angler. I am still waiting to see someone that has a tablet app, phone app and a chart that will do what Navionics does. Try for yourself and see.

The Wanabepro
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

All I can say is, I assisted Ricky Shabazz with doing sonar logging at San Vicente several times since it re-opened. I'm sure some of the locals saw us in the Yellow Team Bling machine... Until now, before the updates were available to the public, we fished four team tournaments at San Vicente and we had the advantage of the new mapping that revealed "the spot on the spot" info... We cashed checks in all four events. REAL DEAL folks!

RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine