Basstrix Production Quality

crawdaddy

Basstrix Production Quality

Post by crawdaddy »

I use a ton of Basstrix but I only get about 25-40% that are not stiff and have that amazing wiggle. I have tried boiling the stuff ones without success. Any help here? I end up tossing out half or mor of the baits I buy, at $3 each it adds up quick.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Gilgamesh

Re: Basstrix Production Quality

Post by Gilgamesh »

From Wired2Fish's website: Plastisol doesn’t form completely the same every time. These swimbaits are made through a very manual process. So you will sometimes have swimbaits that swim a little different and look a little different. Depending on how long they’ve been packaged, sitting, and the temperatures they are stored.
One easy cure is to hold the head and dip the tails a little more than half way into boiling water for a short time. It will give them a little more flex and kick on a slower retrieve when you do this.

Not much new info, but maybe you're not supposed to boil the whole thing? Hope this helps
The Roofer

Re: Basstrix Production Quality

Post by The Roofer »

Have you tried "Bass Magic" swim baits? They are super durable, and have great action. I was able to catch multiple keeper bass on one of them and it still runs great with the same action. I hate spending money on expensive baits that fall apart quickly (senko). :lol: