Jerry's Gas Tax !......

birdman920

Jerry's Gas Tax !......

Post by birdman920 »

How many out there think "Jerry Brown
's gas tax" 12c gas & 20c diesel plus increase in Reg cost, will actually see any of that $ go to improving our deteriorating roads & hwys?....me personally! & many of my friends & family" are going to drive less " pass up vacation trips & put off buying that new truck ! to make up for the high price of calif fuel costs" thus hurting this states economy even more !.... Jerry what were you thinking ??????
biteme

Re: Jerry's Gas Tax !......

Post by biteme »

How many times have we been told this? But this time the money will go to roads! We promise LOL.
drew

Post by drew »

Last time it had a meager result. The taxes are permanent and the improvements are temporary. Its trickery to pass new taxes.

Not just fuel prices. All goods that are transported will cost more.

As the cost of living goes up so will the labor costs and more business will leave the state.

Jerry Brown hates the hard working citizens of CA.

birdman920 wrote:How many out there think "Jerry Brown
's gas tax" 12c gas & 20c diesel plus increase in Reg cost, will actually see any of that $ go to improving our deteriorating roads & hwys?....me personally! & many of my friends & family" are going to drive less " pass up vacation trips & put off buying that new truck ! to make up for the high price of calif fuel costs" thus hurting this states economy even more !.... Jerry what were you thinking ??????
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

drew wrote: Jerry Brown hates the hard working citizens of CA.

That's because they're freeloaders.

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/ ... eeloaders/
Glenn Abuelhaj
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gabuelhaj wrote:
drew wrote: Jerry Brown hates the hard working citizens of CA.

That's because they're freeloaders.

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/ ... eeloaders/
Strange how a politician can become so wrong. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
We may need more revenues, but it should come from the wealthy people in CA who don't pay their fair share of taxes, not from working people struggling to get by.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

How about we get the money from the "Poor" by cutting their benefits and make em get a job?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:How about we get the money from the "Poor" by cutting their benefits and make em get a job?
The gas and diesel taxes will hurt working people, and all those poor people getting benefits won't make up that kind of revenue, unless they all got jobs making big bucks.
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Jerry still has his self serving head planted between his butt cheeks after all these years. Some things never change......
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

mark poulson wrote:
Whoopbass wrote:How about we get the money from the "Poor" by cutting their benefits and make em get a job?
The gas and diesel taxes will hurt working people, and all those poor people getting benefits won't make up that kind of revenue, unless they all got jobs making big bucks.
What I was saying was cut their benefits off completely not tax em. Lord knows they're never going to pay taxes unless we cut off their benefits and force them to get a job.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Whoopbass wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
What I was saying was cut their benefits off completely not tax em. Lord knows they're never going to pay taxes unless we cut off their benefits and force them to get a job.
How can people getting state aid be the reason that the gas and diesel taxes are going up?
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

You guys need to stop whining If it's not about taxes the democrats are putting into affect it somebody cutting in front of fishing in the same area if your not making enough money at your first job to cover your gas bills go get a second job or better yet work over time then I'll have more water to fish to myself :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

This tax is not going to the poor. This tax is going to help the counties balance their budget due to Calpers retirement system ballooning in the next few years. That's what I believe anyways. The democrat politicians of this state are finally taking a proactive approach to an issue before it becomes a huge mess albeit a mess they've created.

I'm not even going to broach the "poor" issue except to point out what we call poor people have it pretty damn good compared to the rest of the world.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

How about a law that mandates all vehicle and fuel taxes must be used for road construction and maintenance?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Don't blame calpers that retirement system was around when republicans were in office in this state. OK now let think of a new subject we can blame Jerry for :roll:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Oh I forgot to tell you calpers was founded in 1932
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
biteme

Post by biteme »

jiggin4bass wrote:Don't blame calpers that retirement system was around when republicans were in office in this state. OK now let think of a new subject we can blame Jerry for :roll:
How many years have Dems been in power in California in the last ten years? Now they have the majority and they can pass anything they want. Lets see what happens.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Yes let see what happens
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
ILW

Post by ILW »

So with the new tax what's it going to take to fill a boat on average?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Average 20ft bass boat 59 gallon tank
Your pumping top grade chevron
It's now 3.89 a gallon now I would say OUGHT your plus your truck now your thinking of staying home :D
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I'm sure boat dealers in northern ca. Here in central ca. And in southern ca. Are going to do just fine selling new and used boat and pontoon boats this year no matter what gas prices are I know here in central CA. One dealer is doing well selling newer used bass boats.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I voted

yep by moving.

I got a Wonderfull home at a very good price and 15' from back door to my dock. In Florida

Gas 2.19-2.30 for reg.

Fish are always shallow and topwater is a way of life

and roads are much better

Do I miss Calif. yep in Jan. when I get up put on shorts and a tee shirt to catch a few Bass before breakfast I wish I were out there in 30 degree weather a little ice on the boat . Dropshotting in 60' of water.

NO I don't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Florida sounds nice and all but how do you live with all them old people around? I hear those crazy retirees are hopped up on prescription drugs and bumping Lawrence Welk all night.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Scary Jerry"!.... he is a real piece of work !...
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Whoopbass wrote:Florida sounds nice and all but how do you live with all them old people around? I hear those crazy retirees are hopped up on prescription drugs and bumping Lawrence Welk all night.

Well, I turned 65 this year. Dropped down to a smaller boat and am in a club where there is only one person younger than me. So I guess I'm part of that crowd :D

But there are so many lakes and rivers back here that after getting the boat in you just don't see that many people . I think I see more gators than people while I'm fishing.
spoolnaround

Post by spoolnaround »

My thoughts and beliefs.
Bottom line is there can never be enough tax dollars to fund what everyone wants no matter how much is collected in taxes! There is never an end to what some in government want to fund. If funds are allocated to something it should not be ok to move it to fund another project. If tax payers ok funds for a project and it ends up costing more before the project even gets off the ground the project should be killed! How about we get back personal responsibility and take care of ourselves and not rely on government? How about we quit funding private industry with my/our money (taxes)? If a company has taken grant money for research etc. they shouldn't be able to make billions on it. We have always taken care of those who truly need help (maybe not in the capacity we could have or should have but today's society people will, I truly believe this). The corruption in government programs is off the charts. The corruption in our state government is stupid crazy! How about a bill has to fly on its own merrit without pork attached to it? This government is way to big to be efficient.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Rod Martin wrote:I voted

yep by moving.

I got a Wonderfull home at a very good price and 15' from back door to my dock. In Florida

Gas 2.19-2.30 for reg.

Fish are always shallow and topwater is a way of life

and roads are much better

Do I miss Calif. yep in Jan. when I get up put on shorts and a tee shirt to catch a few Bass before breakfast I wish I were out there in 30 degree weather a little ice on the boat . Dropshotting in 60' of water.

NO I don't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too, Rod....almost the same identical situation as you, except I chose Texas
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

mark poulson wrote:
Whoopbass wrote:
mark poulson wrote: The gas and diesel taxes will hurt working people, and all those poor people getting benefits won't make up that kind of revenue, unless they all got jobs making big bucks.
How can people getting state aid be the reason that the gas and diesel taxes are going up?

It's simple , California spent $23 Billion in illegal immigrants in 2015 ( healthcare , education , prison /jails etc... ) That money comes from everybody that works and pays taxes . Add to that all the entitlements to perfectly capable legal citizens whom are just lazy and stupid --- that means the middle class continues to be tasked for increases to a very complex budget problem . The working class continues to shrink while the " entitled " class continues to grow and then you have a very liberal democratic government that plays the fears of stupid voters . All this equals a California government that ALWAYS ask for more money to do less work .
The City of San Jose passed a measure two years ago to fix our roads , then the Mayor saw a reduction in planned investments for the pension fund for City employee's , he then , on his own , transferred funds out of the measure to fix the roads and moved it to the pension fund , now he is asking for an increase in DMV funds to fix the roads . How is this legal , it's all built into these " new" measures that allows Government to use funds " as needed" . I call it corruption , I never vote for any new programs --EVER .
Thank God we have a President that see's all this BS and wants it to change .
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Wait until their so-called water fix project takes off. Just another money source to pay for their voter base agendas... Money will be mis-spent just like it's mis-spent from the current fuel and registration taxes collected.
Glenn Abuelhaj
hydrophonix

Post by hydrophonix »

California has a 2.5 Trillion dollar economy. 23 billion dollars is less than 1 percent of that. America is the greatest country on Earth and California is America's greatest state and that is why the majority of the citizens of this state are more than happy to have a portion of their taxes go towards education, affordable housing, public defenders, jails and everything else that goes with doing our best at being the leader of what is right in the world. If you believe in a higher power then you believe you will be judged partly on how you treated the less fortunate in this world. Everyone is entitled to an opinion surely, but immigrant bashing is out of place on this forum. Also note that all of the waters you fish here in CA were fished by the very people you denigrate and their ancestors long before you or I were here.
biteme

Post by biteme »

And this is what I was talking about.
Assemblywoman Melissa A. Melendez (R-Lake Elsinore) released the following statement today in response to Governor Brown’s May Revision of his 2017-18 budget proposal:
“This budget is a perfect Democrat con job. After forcing a multi-billion dollar, potentially illegal, tax increase on all Californians, with the promise of better roads, Governor Brown and his fellow Democrats are already diverting funding to their own pet projects. In this budget proposal, they are diverting 30 percent of funding from the gas tax to non-road related projects like building parks and job training for felons.
http://melendezforca.com/assemblywoman- ... -revision/
biteme

Post by biteme »

And more BS for the cig tax.
The $2 a pack cigarette tax money is being diverted to the general fund and away from Medicare, too.

http://www.cmanet.org/news/detail/?a...ts-tobacco-tax
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

I know we dont want to turn this website into a politics venue, but as fishermen and hunters we tend to be pretty conservative in our political thinking. There are huge numbers of us. We must get out an vote in every election to overthrow the liberal politicians like Moonbeam Brown who steal our money and use it how ever they want. This gas tax is highway robbery, literally. We need to dump Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Kamala Harris, and all the state level democrat politicians too. And we need to take back the fact that the basic right to vote belongs to US Citizens only - Brown has enabled non-US Citizens the ability to register to vote at any DMV and citizenship is never checked. Why do you think liberal politicians want rampant immigration - because these immigrants vote even though they have not become US Citizens. They can go to the DMV, get a drivers license, and register to vote in in one stop.
ALL OF US MUST VOTE IN EVERY ELECTION IF WE WANT TO RECLAIM OUR STATE!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bassfishman wrote:I know we dont want to turn this website into a politics venue, but as fishermen and hunters we tend to be pretty conservative in our political thinking. There are huge numbers of us. We must get out an vote in every election to overthrow the liberal politicians like Moonbeam Brown who steal our money and use it how ever they want. This gas tax is highway robbery, literally. We need to dump Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Kamala Harris, and all the state level democrat politicians too. And we need to take back the fact that the basic right to vote belongs to US Citizens only - Brown has enabled non-US Citizens the ability to register to vote at any DMV and citizenship is never checked. Why do you think liberal politicians want rampant immigration - because these immigrants vote even though they have not become US Citizens. They can go to the DMV, get a drivers license, and register to vote in in one stop.
ALL OF US MUST VOTE IN EVERY ELECTION IF WE WANT TO RECLAIM OUR STATE!!
Maybe you can clone Donald Trump, and have him fill all those positions.
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

hydrophonix wrote:California has a 2.5 Trillion dollar economy. 23 billion dollars is less than 1 percent of that. America is the greatest country on Earth and California is America's greatest state and that is why the majority of the citizens of this state are more than happy to have a portion of their taxes go towards education, affordable housing, public defenders, jails and everything else that goes with doing our best at being the leader of what is right in the world. If you believe in a higher power then you believe you will be judged partly on how you treated the less fortunate in this world. Everyone is entitled to an opinion surely, but immigrant bashing is out of place on this forum. Also note that all of the waters you fish here in CA were fished by the very people you denigrate and their ancestors long before you or I were here.
Well said. We pay more in Govt. subsidies and sweetheart tax breaks for corporations than social services could ever cost. Not to mention lost tax revenue from tax havens and offshore banking.
CLEAN AND DRY
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Jboutfishn"]How about a law that mandates all vehicle and fuel taxes must be used for road construction and maintenance?[/quote]

Great idea and I agree with you. But remember Social Security could never be used for anything else either and we know how that worked out. Politicians lie to get things passed and then we're screwed as they'll change and do what they want to. This state sucks and one of these days I hope to leave it!! They want all of your money for taxes and all your water so they can give it to people lining their pockets. CA used to be a GREAT state but now it's doomed!!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Gary Dobyns wrote:
Jboutfishn wrote:How about a law that mandates all vehicle and fuel taxes must be used for road construction and maintenance?
Great idea and I agree with you. But remember Social Security could never be used for anything else either and we know how that worked out. Politicians lie to get things passed and then we're screwed as they'll change and do what they want to. This state sucks and one of these days I hope to leave it!! They want all of your money for taxes and all your water so they can give it to people lining their pockets. CA used to be a GREAT state but now it's doomed!!
It doesn't matter. Once you mandate that a tax has to be used for what it was voted for. The politicians just pull the money that was already for that purpose to use for other things. You would have to vote for all funds already being used for roads and the new tax could not be diverted to other uses.
basstard1974

Post by basstard1974 »

paying a little more for gas to fund roads is good if thats what the tax money is for. if someone owns a boat to sport fish this increase shouldnt be a problem. i love bass fishing and the delta, but wernt the deltas levees made for farming? i disagree with tunnells as they will change the ecosystem, however most of the canals created would never be there had it not been for farmers, right?
biteme

Post by biteme »

Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Guys, I've been following this gas tax issue closely. Here's what you need to know about it to date:

The money will not be going to fixing roads. They already have gas tax money for that, but they refused to do much about it so they can pass taxes like this. As with this new tax, two previous gas tax increases since 2003 had state constitutional amendments protections attached saying the money will go to nothing but the roads. Sacramento legislators (illegally) pillaged those accounts anyway for pet projects and all kinds of other crap. Then they shout there's no money. This new tax will also be pillaged. In fact, it already is! Before they even have the money!

Jerry Brown has already -- ALREADY -- allocated at least 30% of the new tax in his revised budget plan to go to different crap other than fixing the roads. One example is job training for ex cons. How is that fixing roads? Also, the gas tax allows for the money to be used for high speed rail. Mmmhmmm... you read right. That's how Jerry is going to be able to complete his choo-choo because other means of funding have dried up.

The legislature just passed the budget, which now contains a rule that slows down the recall process of an elected official. The democrats, fearing they'll lose their super-majority in the legislature because there is an active -- and so far successful -- recall drive going on against Orange County democrat Josh Newman, stuck a bill into the budget last-minute that slows recall approval process. On top of that, they made it retroactive to cover the current recall drive. Changed the rules in the middle of the game!! The recall organizer says he'll file a lawsuit because that law is unconstitutional.

In 2010, Jerry Brown quoted on record that there should be no tax increases without a vote of the people. Yet the democrats, drunk and giddy with power because last November's election gave them a super-majority in the legislature, huddled together and pushed through this gas tax in like a week.

By the way people, just so everyone understands, it's not like existing gas taxes will go away November 1st when this new tax kicks in. It is ON TOP OF the existing gas taxes. The new tax is also a FOREVER tax, not temporary. Brown kept shouting that it would raise $52 billion over 10 years. He and his cronies kept repeating that 10 years part so that people would think it's a "temporary" tax. It is not... it's forever. Whats more, this new tax is tied to inflation. So it's not just a 12-cent/gallon all the time tax like they're saying. When inflation goes up, this tax will go up. There's one estimate that by mid 2019, the tax will be at least 19-cents per gallon.

And there are plans for more taxes, and is why the Dems are so scared about the Josh Newman recall. They plan a $200 BILLION tax for Jerry's socialist single-payer health care system for California, and $150 BILLION in all kinds of other taxes. If they lose their super-majority, they won't be able to steamroll those through like they did the gas tax. Remember, Jerry is done after next year, so they're trying to barrel all this through.

Now, what can you do about it? If you live in State Senator Josh Newman's district, you can sign the recall petition. Again, you have to live in his district to be able to sign. Beware though... Brown and Newman are accused of sending out goon squads to harass signature gatherers and voters who sign. There is recorded proof of this. Don't let them get to you! Sign anyway! Also -- and it's very important that people understand this -- the recall drive is JUST to recall Newman since he is said to have been the deciding vote in the gas tax. Recalling him would get rid of the democrats' super-majority in the legislature only. The recall is NOT a drive for repealing the gas tax itself. That drive is coming. It is very close to starting, and will be open to everyone in the state. So, please sign. You can also sign up to be a signature gatherer (with a small donation to the repeal effort).

Here's a link for some more info, and to sign an online petition against the car/gas tax: http://kogo.iheart.com/onair/the-demaio ... -15726882/.

If you want to become a signature gatherer to repeal the gas tax, he's where to go for that: http://www.nocagastax.com

Please share with friends!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
BiggieSmall

Post by BiggieSmall »

Sell my truck, sell my boat and take the bullet train that goes NOWHERE!
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Gov Brown did such a good job on implementing new and additional redundant tax revenues that he gets a raise!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.c ... 66139.html
Glenn Abuelhaj
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

gabuelhaj wrote:Gov Brown did such a good job on implementing new and additional redundant tax revenues that he gets a raise!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.c ... 66139.html
If they can't live on what they're already being paid, quit and get a real job. What about the State workers who had to take cuts to their pay when the Recession hit? Will they get their back pay, and raises?
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

You can always change to a new subject there well be a new one come up here shortly I'm sure why wait .
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

:roll: Let see new subjects
Washington politics something new there everyday
Another new one today the talk of retaliation against N. Korea ( WAR ) that a new subject. Make the gas taxes look silly now doesn't it. Get over it your in Calif.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

jiggin4bass wrote::roll: Let see new subjects
Washington politics something new there everyday
Another new one today the talk of retaliation against N. Korea ( WAR ) that a new subject. Make the gas taxes look silly now doesn't it. Get over it your in Calif.
Don't want to turn this into a political drama post but there's nothing silly about this (illegal) California gas tax. :roll:

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

So tell us what make what there doing illegal you seem to have and as beset why don't you explain it to us. Personally I'm not going to let a 12 cent per gallon gas hike affect my life it won't slow my family our myself from going places. If your going too blame anybody blame yourself it a democratic state and if the lazy republicans won't get off there butts to help them self's they your stuck your the states at fault because of the retirements they pay out oh please it funny the people that are drawing the same retirements are both democrats and republicans so now who to blame calpers
was founded in 1932 and people blame them for Calif problems again both side pay into that retirement my wife been with them going on 33 years now they have a very good retirement plan $$$ and oh yes she republican. Best advice don't become one of Jerry's kids :lol:
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

You can google California gas tax illegal and read all you want. At the end of the day the money isn't going to fix and maintain the roads like we're being told and led to believe. It's illegal because it's quid pro quo and I know in the work force, this type of activity is grounds for termination because it's illegal. And, both Repubs and demos voted for this so it's not a matter of being lazy and not voting party lines. I do like your advice and don't intend to which is why I'm referred to as a freeloader and damn proud of it! :D

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

The 1% don't care :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman