Stampede Reservoir

RA8R55

Stampede Reservoir

Post by RA8R55 »

Headed to Stampede for a camping trip next weekend. I've never been. Im taking my bass boat hoping to hook up with some fish. Im going in blind. Any advice what to through? My tackle mostly is set up for bass.
biteme

Re: Stampede Reservoir

Post by biteme »

You know the main road is closed right? Gotta go in the back way and it sux!
Charles

Post by Charles »

I've never heard that there were bass in Stampede. If there are, its a secret that nobody talks about. Its a trout and kokanee lake.

Good luck. I'm interested if anyone has more info if there is a population of bass in there.
biteme

Post by biteme »

No largies but there's smallies. It's my home lake and it's a tough one at that. If you plan to check it out so so after October 2018. That's when the dam re opens. Right now it's pretty much a no go unless you go on foot. You can take a boat but the gravel road going on the back way is a pita.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

Talk to the guy that runs the fishing dept. at Mountain Hardware in Truckee. He's a great resource.

http://mountainhardwareandsports.com/hi ... g-reports/
DDG

Post by DDG »

Stampede and Prosser Creek Reservoir both have smallies
http://thetahoeweekly.com/2015/08/fishi ... outh-bass/
DDG

Post by DDG »

RA8R55 wrote:Headed to Stampede for a camping trip next weekend. I've never been. Im taking my bass boat hoping to hook up with some fish. Im going in blind. Any advice what to through? My tackle mostly is set up for bass.
Did you catch em?
biteme

Post by biteme »

Decided to check it out today. They have paved most of the road going in the back way now. Pulled up and holy crap this was the fullest I've seen it. Lake is up to the top of the ramp. Theake was a zoo. Never seen it soooo busy. Years past there would be a few people on a Sunday but nothing like this.
Blanked fishing but it was a nice day.
DDG

Post by DDG »

biteme wrote:Decided to check it out today. They have paved most of the road going in the back way now. Pulled up and holy crap this was the fullest I've seen it. Lake is up to the top of the ramp. Theake was a zoo. Never seen it soooo busy. Years past there would be a few people on a Sunday but nothing like this.
How'd you fish it, did you throw 4" swimsuits, underspins? Drag worms, drop shot?> just curious cause I'm gonna be making a trip soon and can't decide if i wanna fish stampede or prosser creek. I think I'm leaning more towards prosser creek
biteme

Post by biteme »

DDG wrote:
biteme wrote:Decided to check it out today. They have paved most of the road going in the back way now. Pulled up and holy crap this was the fullest I've seen it. Lake is up to the top of the ramp. Theake was a zoo. Never seen it soooo busy. Years past there would be a few people on a Sunday but nothing like this.
How'd you fish it, did you throw 4" swimsuits, underspins? Drag worms, drop shot?> just curious cause I'm gonna be making a trip soon and can't decide if i wanna fish stampede or prosser creek. I think I'm leaning more towards prosser creek
Swimbaits, cranks, senko's, Beavers, jig, top water, darter head. Might have been just too much boat traffic. Ive caught fish out of there before.