Shasta in September

Lugnut

Shasta in September

Post by Lugnut »

Just wondering how Shasta is in mid September?
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Gary Dobyns

Re: Shasta in September

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Sept varies a lot. Some years the spook bite is off the hook and you'll cull 3 pounders. Then there's other years it flat out sucks and tough to get limits of 14" fish. Right now Shasta is pretty good and Sept should be even better. I've always felt fishing was better in higher water years myself. Shasta is gorgeous scenery on high water years too. Look in the upper Pit River. Should have some current out of Pit 7 lots of the time.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Thank You!!! Was actually going to call the shop and ask you or Richard the scoop.....lol
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I have fished Shasta several time in Sept and the bite usually picks up in late Sept and gets better into October. You will get better quality bass in October. Sept is a transition month - sometimes very warm weather and some years early fronts move in and cool the water more quickly. I agree with Gary - I like the Pit River arm - more largemouth.
MGJR

Post by MGJR »

North wind+buzz bait=awesomeness

Just saying-