Delta water clarity

JakeV77

Delta water clarity

Post by JakeV77 »

Fished the delta on 7/1. Launched at Ladds and fished up to Frank's tract. The water clarity was pretty bad 1-1.5 ft visibility everywhere we fished. I don't fish the delta much, just wondering if it clears up farther north.
Kyle46N

Re: Delta water clarity

Post by Kyle46N »

Delta rookie here, but with three trips under the belt from B&W marina always heading south, the answer is "yes" right now. We fished Old River below Franks today and it was definitely less clear than the Molekumne (sp?), Potato slough, Georgianne slough areas.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Wind direction, boat traffic, bottom composition and the amount of grass play into the clarity. Some areas can have 3-4' of visibility at times.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

I'm guessing the OP was fishing the bottom end of the tide? I've noticed a big clarity difference between high and low the past week. High is bringing a few feet of super clear water, while the low has a more tannic stain with a noticable reduction in visibility. Bite has been decent on either end though, good times.
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, was out there at bottom of the tide, did notice a small difference In clarity as the water came up. Like I said, am a delta novice so still working at it.