Economic value of Sam Rayburn Fishery 47 Million

Rich hamilton

Economic value of Sam Rayburn Fishery 47 Million

Post by Rich hamilton »

$31 million (66%) comes from Bass fishing tournaments.

Clear lake 43K acres Rayburn 114k acres. Just some numbers to ponder for the powers to be :) RR

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwd ... 0_1561.pdf
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
jiggin4bass

Average gas priceRe: Economic value of Sam Rayburn Fishery 47 Million

Post by jiggin4bass »

Average gas price in Texas 2.04 a gallon and they have very large impoundment to fish in all over Texas In CA. You have clear lake Shasta and gas prices on average are for top grade fuel is better than 3.00 a gallon chevron here in the central valley run 3.09 to 3.59 then you to add in the whiners here in CA. that can't get a grip on the new gas tax that starting in Nov that way the state doesn't do what Texas does. Texas takes care of there fisheries CA won't left a finger to even try. So it is what it is here. Get use to it
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Re: Economic value of Sam Rayburn Fishery 47 Million

Post by jiggin4bass »

Texas republican state
Ca. Democrat state
There the difference
Now to the next subject
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

My son moved to Texas about 20 months ago . I was just down there to visit him last weekend . He lives in the Dallas /Fort Worth area . He has 4 really good lakes to chose from within 60minutes , three are in the new bassmasters top 100.
We ended up fishing Ray Roberts on Sunday , tons of fun , but you gotta deal with the weather .
Here is why my son justified moving to Texas .
No State income tax , 6.5 sales tax , gas was averaging $1.88 last week but had a low of $1.50. Jobs are growing everywhere , income is rising and he can end up buying a 2500sq ft home on 2/3 acre in an established neighborhood with good schools for $250K . And the cream on the top ---very few liberal idiots telling them what to do and how to think .
If you can deal with the weather , great place to fish and not so expensive to live.
Bassmonkey1980

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

Texas ouch in the summer and saggy in the winter lets see im from THE VALLEY hmmm.CA DELTA CLEAR LAKE SHASTA NEW MALONES LAKE MCLURE. WHISKY TOWN & BULLARDS BAR THERES 5 OF THE TOP 15 SPOTTED BASS FISHERIES IN THE WORLD some of the best fishing anywhere all year round
IMG_20170616_135155_339.jpg
AND O YEA. THERES SOME SMALL LOCAL RESERVOIRS THAT ARE KICKING OUT THEESE BY THE WAY GAS IS ROUND2.50 Right now good luck in TEXAS.[attachment=0]IMG_20170616_135155_339.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_20170616_135155_339.jpg
IMG_20170616_135155_331.jpg
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Here in the central valley we have Eastman & Hensley Millerton Pineflat McClure San Luis all have great fishing. I been fishing these lakes my hole life i is see no reason to change anything.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

My post was to specifically open eyes in lake county (Clear lake).Facts can provoke thought and thats what can bring change.
Without bringing politics into every conversation maybe we as fisherman here in California need to change who we are and how we do things! I would agree being around like minded people would make life a little easier :)
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

This report was done 10 years ago and at that time gas prices used for their calculation was $3.26 per gallon. Wonder what the numbers are when using current gas prices and inflation? The report also states that water demands are an issue as well (sound familiar?) thus this body of water will be used (drawn from) to correct any deficiencies in the supply hence the reason for this report....

It would benefit all parties if something similar can be done for the Ca Delta just to put things in perspective and to help with any decision making... but it looks like the current gov't already made its course regardless...

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Rob

Post by Rob »

Jerry Brown and the leg. is doing everything they can to ruin what was once possibly the best fishery in the US....Ca Delta. Spraying/non native species act all part of the greater Tunnel/So Cal water grab he's wanted for 30 yrs. DFG/DWR does nothing to stop it. They don't care about fish or fishing, that's why just recently DFG reported a years long decline in fishing licenses. Texas at least recognizes the value of fishing economically (and quality of life). Problem is the BIG money is in water, not what's in it and actuality is the less that's in it, the easier it is to take.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

All good points and responses.Keeping the issue fresh on folks minds is what is going to help our cause. Not really happy about any of these situations they are all pretty overwhelming! RR