FIXED...Killing 'em at Clearlake!!! + important announcement!

Otay Michael

FIXED...Killing 'em at Clearlake!!! + important announcement!

Post by Otay Michael »

The water is way up over last year, I was soooo happy as I knew my frog spots would
be back!

I'd get 15 or so every day on the frog, three days of fishing bliss, ribbit ribbit.

So pretty up there, I praise God everytime I get up there and see His beauty.

I killed them (figuratively only) on topwater mostly, last week at Clearlake. In
part, because every time I stop into Clearlake Outdoors Troy Bellah, a co-owner (you
know, the thin guy with an smile pasted on his face), gives me every bit of into
he's learned, if not by actually fishing, as he's so busy, but by folks like me that
go in and tell him what's working for us. That is one reason I never drive by
without stopping in, that's about twice a year (living in San Diego, it'd be more if
I lived closer). So while there I made a couple of 360 panos with my phone, and was
going to post them here and mention Troy because he's so special in this way, but
something happened while I was going to do this...

Over the many years Troy always gives it up, and ALWAYS with a smile and pleasant
attitude, even though most of the time I don't buy a darn thing! (But if something's
working I don't have, which is not too often, I do).

Topwater fun, especially when they're lunkers! Thanks Troy for the great tips!

Anyways, while looking up info so I'd spell his name properly under 'clearlake
outdoors, Lakeport images', I saw a photo of a boy that I'd of sworn was Troy as a
child. Did not think much about it until one search mentioned Troy and a fundraiser
for someone with cancer name Jake. Come to find out, that child photo was related to
Troy, it's his son! No wonder the resemblance, and the photo was on a 'Fundme' page.
Come to read his son is battling cancer. Now I did not ask him if I could mention it
(he did not when we chatted last week), so I hope this is ok. Ok Troy?

My heart broke when I saw this, and as far as I'm concerned I'd like to help sponsor
some sort of fishing derby to raise money for his family, and little Jake. (As in
donating a $10,000 piece of art of mine to the winner, to start things off).

In the mean time, you fine folks with a big heart might want to help him out too,
here is the fundme link, and it looks like some $17K out of $30 goal has already
been reached, so thanks to many of you that already new and helped him, you can't
outgive God and you'll get blessed TEN FOLD, no doubt in my mind:
https://www.gofundme.com/rsc7cz-hope-for-jake

Troy, please leave an update on your son, and know that our men's group down here
will be praying in full force for his quick recovery, and that you and your wife
will have a peace of mind in all this.
God bless/love, MS

"But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with
him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded." Gen. 8:1
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Re: FIXED...Killing 'em at Clearlake!!! + important announcement!

Post by Otay Michael »

Still praying for Jake, this precious youngster.

I see someone had donated $20 since I originally posted this, thanks to who ever you are. I'm sure it all adds up.

Anyone else can help? As I'd originally posted:
"In the mean time, you fine folks with a big heart might want to help him out too, here is the fundme link, and it looks like some $17K out of $30K goal has already been reached, so thanks to many of you that already new and helped him, you can't outgive God:
https://www.gofundme.com/rsc7cz-hope-for-jake

Anyone up there able to pick up the gauntlet and set up a fundraising tournament?
Maybe two catagories, a frog only one, and an 'anything goes' one. Suggestions?
Anyone can donate a prize?

I'll donate a nice piece of photographic art to be raffled off to any participant..
Please.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Otay Michael

Re: FIXED...Killing 'em at Clearlake!!! + important announcement!

Post by Otay Michael »

Was wondering how Troy and his boy Jake was doing with getting some donations to help them fight the good fight. I see more of you fine fishermen helped with the cause lately, now over 18K has been raised. I also like the donations from 'Anonymous', since it's not about 'us, the donators', but all about the recipients. Good on ya. Yes, $50 or $100, it all adds up.

Here is the 'Go Fund' me account again, with pics of Jake. https://www.gofundme.com/rsc7cz-hope-for-jake
Otay Michael