Delta report, 2 Aug 17

Kyle46N

Delta report, 2 Aug 17

Post by Kyle46N »

Late report, but in time for the weekend. I fished White slough all day on Wednesday, from one end to the other. Threw the hollow body frog and a Strike King rage toad the majority of the time. The pattern was hollow body on the mats (of course), and the toad in the areas with clumps of elodea, not quite matted out. Seems like the fish were hanging out next to these columns of elodea, and would come up to slam the toad in open water. Had 30 or so bass on the frog/toad combo, with one 5 lber. Had an 8 lber or so try to balance the frog on it's nose in two feet of clear water....or it may as well have been doing it the way it looked. Had it "nose" the frog three different times, and it wouldn't eat it. Adrenaline was pumping to say the least, but no result. Best five might have gone 15 lbs. So, other than the fiver, a lot of 2-3 lb fish. Fun though. Caught 10 or so on a Texas rigged Culprit Fat Max worm on outside weed edges on low tide. Some patterns I've picked up on, which you vets already know, but maybe someone just learning can use the info. Find mats with water underneath them. So, at the lower tides make sure there are 2-3 feet under them, more is better. Once the tide gets up, you can get into some of those mats further back once they get some water in them. Also, when you pull up to the mat, make sure it's "alive". Within a couple minutes you should see and hear "popping" noises, bait, etc. If I find these mats with water, I get slammed on the frog. If it's a quiet mat, nothing happens. I know there are exceptions, but as a new guy, I've been able to get good numbers on the frogs following this pattern. I was around more big bass this time around then all the previous four trips combined. Other than the 5 I caught, watching the 8er, I also had a couple 5-6ers jump over the frog and miss. Can't wait to get back out there soon.
Big Stick 74

Re: Delta report, 2 Aug 17

Post by Big Stick 74 »

Thank You for the report! Good info!
mark poulson

Re: Delta report, 2 Aug 17

Post by mark poulson »

Big Stick 74 wrote:Thank You for the report! Good info!
X2!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY