Eastman lake

jiggin4bass

Eastman lake

Post by jiggin4bass »

Will looks like as of Aug 1st the bouy makers on the keep out area are coming down for good the entire lake will be back to normal fishing that is great news.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
steve0806

Re: Eastman lake

Post by steve0806 »

What is the purpose of the closed area?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Many years ago they found hydrilla in the river area that came down into the mouth of the lake so it was close off the lake was closed for a period of time then reopen to bank fishing then in time boats were let back on and then a few years back two nesting eagles made there home on a major point in the river area so they keep it closed to protect the nesting pair Now they are nesting in a different area up in the river area there is a beach a very small area they well still have the area posted keep off the beach area but the lake for the most part well be back to normal fishing.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I will be doing fishing reports again for both Eastman and Hensley lakes for the fresnobee on weds. I'm currently getting my bassboat I just got refitted with trolling motor graphs and interior. I most likely be fishing two to three times a week when I start back I have to come back slowly and pace myself.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

jiggin4bass wrote:I will be doing fishing reports again for both Eastman and Hensley lakes for the fresnobee on weds. I'm currently getting my bassboat I just got refitted with trolling motor graphs and interior. I most likely be fishing two to three times a week when I start back I have to come back slowly and pace myself.
Mark, can you confirm they have been removed? Also wondering if anything is going on Sunday? Thinking of heading that way for the first time on 7-8 years....Thanks
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Looks like they pushed the date up to Aug 15th for being removed
Lake office 559-689-3255
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

The keep out area upstream side is now open as of Aug 1st is official so it a go so the Aug 15th date you can disregard
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

The lake around 75% capacity there is good structure coming into play now the jig fishing well start picking up in 18 to 30 feet of water also baby brushogs will be a good choice in the same depth of water three are some good choice on structure to pick from I like fishing isolated rock structure this time of the year also isolated brush piles in the deeper water. This time of year I prefer the afternoon into the evening bite from about 2 pm til 8 pm I start with arkie or football head jigs early then move too bullet head jigs more toward evening when the bass get fairly active. They tend to chase the bullets more I like 1/8 1/4 & 3/8 oz weights and I like all the finesse style skirt pattern jigs this time of year. Yamamoto trailers single tail or double tail grubs and add a brushogs as a trailer you should do well with these types of patterns.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Thanks Mark!!! I made plans to go try a new launch at the Delta Sunday after your first response, bummer!! I will definitely make plans to get down there...it may be a fish the evening bite, sleep in my truck and fish the next day kind of trip
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

The full moon The jig bite going to be good right now.
From the bank to 15 feet of water stay with 1/4oz bullet head and 1/4 oz arkie head I would stay with the finesse style skirts and go with 4" double tail grub trailers and good spinning outfits you can cover alot of water shallow under the moon light
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley