WWBT Co Anglers Area for Lucas Oil Western Classic at Mead

WB Staff

WWBT Co Anglers Area for Lucas Oil Western Classic at Mead

Post by WB Staff »

Anglers fishing the WWBT Lucas Oil Western Classic... For those who earn a spot to compete as a top 10 pro or top 10 co on the 3rd day, please note the marked map available in the link below. Top 10 Co Anglers will be able to fish the entire lower basin and the narrows out to the points marked with a RED LINE. Please remember that the Top 10 Pro waters are not limited and they are able to fish the entire lake. If there are any questions please feel free to call us at 530-821-0301 https://wildwestbasstrail.com/lake-mead/
Attachments
Wild West Bass Trail Lucas Oil Western Classic Lake Mead Co Angler Area.jpg
Mitch

Re: WWBT Co Anglers Area for Lucas Oil Western Classic at Mead

Post by Mitch »

Guess I'm confused, but how do the Co's only gonna fish the last day if they can only fish a limited area and the Pro can go anywhere ? Aren't they on the SAME boat ?
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
kmah

Post by kmah »

From their rules:

COMPETITION DAYS 1 & 2: WWBT will span three competition days with the full field of pros and co-anglers fishing on days one and two. Top 10 Pro & Top 10 Co Anglers are REQUIRED for a mandatory meeting immediately following the weight in on Day 2. Any anglers not present for the meeting will automatically be replaced in the rankings NO EXCEPTIONS!

COMPETITION DAY 3: The top ten (10) pros and co-anglers will advance to Championship day three.
Pros will fish from his/her own boats with a WWBT official or media personnel.
Co-anglers will fish from his/her own boats or boats provided by WWBT. Boats provided by WWBT will be driven by an approved driver by WWBT. Co-anglers will make all fishing decisions and operate the trolling motor. A co-angler may request the WWBT driver to run the trolling motor. The WWBT driver may not provide any information or guidance to the co-angler. Co-Anglers who make the final day of competition may not receive any information except from other co-anglers in the top 10. Co-anglers will fish within a predesignated area of the lake on the final day. This area will be announced prior to the event on the WWBT website.
WWBT reserves the right to pair a Pro and Co together on Day 3 in the event there are not enough boats for all the Co anglers.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

That explains how it's done !! Thanks Ken !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

kmah wrote:From their rules:

WWBT reserves the right to pair a Pro and Co together on Day 3 in the event there are not enough boats for all the Co anglers.
I don't have a dog in this fight (unfortunately I live too far away to fish WWBT), BUT it seems to me, that to maintain a level playing field, if one co has to be paired with a pro on Day 3 then ALL co's should be paired with pro's
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Good luck to all the Pro's and Co's fishing the event! Should be a great experience! RR

As I walked toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I did not leave my bitterness & hatred behind, I would still be in prison. Mandela
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If I was one of the Co anglers I'd be praying for a boat even if I didn't get to fish the the hole lake do you think that Co in the back of the pro's boat going to get first choice on there spots that why your in the back if you step into the pro's boat then you except what he let you fish simple
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley