englebright lake, whats the deal?

DDG

englebright lake, whats the deal?

Post by DDG »

Just got home from another trip fishin the Lakes up in the yuba area. Awesome trip, Collins Lake was fun as always. I fished a new lake I have never even heard of before englebright, on the yuba. Cleanest lookin water and I have never seen so many squaw fish and bass cruisin, caught some fish but no giants. My question is, whats the lake record? are there spot and smallies here? (if there is im sure there is giants as) A guy i talked to at the marina said there has been alot of DD caught and its not hard to catch ones 5+ anyone wanna chime in?
Larry Hemphill

A very nice lake!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I can comment on the lake. I have fished it off and on for about 20 years and guide on the lake when someone wants to try a different lake. It was a smallmouth - largemouth lake until recently when spotted bass have found their way into the lake, as they always seem to do. A 7 lb 3 oz smallmouth was caught there a few years ago and I know of a few largemouth over 10 lbs that have been caught. A friend of mine caught a spotted bass around 4 1/2 lbs while fishing with me a few years ago. I have found the fishing to be tough most of the time as the water is very clear and has heavy weed growth in the summer/fall. Topwater can be good in early morning shadows. Only real bass pressure is in the spring. Englebright is a beautiful lake with lots of room to fish!
DDG

Re: A very nice lake!

Post by DDG »

Larry Hemphill wrote:I can comment on the lake. I have fished it off and on for about 20 years and guide on the lake when someone wants to try a different lake. It was a smallmouth - largemouth lake until recently when spotted bass have found their way into the lake, as they always seem to do. A 7 lb 3 oz smallmouth was caught there a few years ago and I know of a few largemouth over 10 lbs that have been caught. A friend of mine caught a spotted bass around 4 1/2 lbs while fishing with me a few years ago. I have found the fishing to be tough most of the time as the water is very clear and has heavy weed growth in the summer/fall. Topwater can be good in early morning shadows. Only real bass pressure is in the spring. Englebright is a beautiful lake with lots of room to fish!
The water is very clear but it just looks very healthy and I saw tons of Bass cruising along with tons of squaw fish, big squaw fish too, I honestly have never seen so many squaw fish. I dont mind the spots atleast it appears to have still a very large population of largemouth as i caught some, like at collins thats all I caught this weekend, and I lost one at collins that was well over 4lbs on sunday morning.