Bass ponds

Bass5851

Bass ponds

Post by Bass5851 »

Does anybody know of any ponds that I can fish around Northern California?

Thanks
Moleman

Re: Bass ponds

Post by Moleman »

Google maps
DDG

Post by DDG »

Moleman wrote:Google maps
Hahaha
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

When I first moved to Yuba City in the late 70's, I heard about the Yuba Goldfields ponds, east of Marysville. I fished them for several years as I had never been around ponds - living in big cities like San Jose. You had to pay to fish them and you could buy a yearly pass. There was lots of ponds - I fished at least 30 of them. They were full of healthy, beautiful bass that have a slightly darker color than lake bass. Great topwater action!!! I always heard rumors of the 10 lb bass that were there but soon realize that most of those "10's" were 6 to 8 lb bass. As my guide service expanded, I didn't have time to fish the ponds anymore. I don't know if they are still open to the public. Maybe someone else knows. There are many great ponds in the Sierra foothills, but you need to know the owners.
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

Hey Bass 5851...similar to Larry Hemphill...in a time far far away I use to fish the gravel ponds around Oroville (circa 1973-75)...my cousin and I always caught fish...nothing huge but alot of fish with 3-4lb'ers a big one......of course I'm now 66 ...back in the daze i was in my early to mid 20's...but i would suspect those ponds are still there...Go Fish!!
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Other then Mather, which has some nice fish in it, i dont think youll get a lot of responses. I dont know of any ponds per se but the guys that do keep them under their lid cause of either sketchy ie trespass access or dont want to blow it out.

I have heard around the Auburn area there are a few, but Mather Field pond has been good to me in the past.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/