WWBT Sold To New Owners

WB Staff

WWBT Sold To New Owners

Post by WB Staff »

Hello All WWBT Anglers.......At the guiding hands of Gary Dobyns, Matt and Angie Morgan the Wild West Bass Trail (WWBT) was formed. In its first two years WWBT has paid out over 2.8 million dollars. WWBT has garnered the attention of national companies such as Lucas Oil, Ranger Boats, Evinrude Outboards and others. It is televised on the Pursuit Channel, Fox Sports AZ, and Fox Sports West capable of reaching in excess of 47 million households across the nation.
The WWBT has reinvigorated the professional team tournament landscape in the western United States by drawing upwards of 360 angler fields. The Lucas Oil Pro/Am series has attracted many of the top names in professional fishing while awarding over $700,000.00 and 4 Ranger Boats, Evinrude Outboards, and Lowrance packages. As WWBT moves into 2018, advertising partners continue to be added to the ever growing list of sponsors.
It is with mixed emotions that Dobyns and Morgan announce the sale of WWBT. Dobyns added “With my wife’s health conditions and the move of my family and business to Texas, it was going to be very challenging to devote the time and energy that the customers of WWBT deserve. I battled and deliberated with many alternatives. But I came to the difficult realization that someone else needed to take WWBT to the next level.”
Morgan said, “From the beginning Angie and I wanted to do something truly special for the west coast anglers. When Gary and I first began talking about WWBT, I was excited for the challenge. With Gary moving to Texas, The American Crappie Trail taking off, and us living in Indiana, it was the right time for us to take the offer of selling WWBT. We will work closely with the new ownership group to ensure that WWBT transitions into 2018 seamlessly.”
The new ownership group are natives from the West Coast and have been in the industry for many years. The transition will be smooth and WWBT will prosper in the coming years! Tournament rules, format changes, registration and other information will be announced shortly.
Attachments
24059715_1865068523807853_7744200825845363026_o.jpg
Whoopbass

Re: WWBT Sold To New Owners

Post by Whoopbass »

Just lovely......I bet the Evinrude contingency money will go bye bye. I spent $20K to repower to an Evinrude this year because of that contingency money. Time will tell but I bet it gets the ax. Not happy.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

A heartfelt thanks to Gary and his staff for the last two years.

Good luck Gary and staff/partners I wish you the very best success! RR
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
104Jim

Post by 104Jim »

to whoopbass quit acting like a crybaby .
Last edited by 104Jim on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Whoopbass , glad to hear you bought a new Evinrude. Sponsorships are always year to year. But, sales like yours is why sponsors support circuits for promotion. I believe Evinrude will be onboard for years to come. PLUS, you just got a BAD A$$ engine!!!! Enjoy it!!

Anyone needing a demo on new Ranger/Evinrude ? I'll do my best to help with one.
Larry Hemphill

Another great Evinrude

Post by Larry Hemphill »

After the accident I had recently, I have a nearly new Ranger 521 rig that came with the Evinrude 250. When the previous owner said that his boat was powered with the Evinrude, I almost jumped for joy! My 3rd one now and it is wonderful! With all the old arguments about Evinrude, Mercury, or Ford, Chevy - they aren't as important these days - in my opinion. Technology and design advances are simply amazing and products simply don't have many problems anymore. Of course, there is the exception or two. Imagine - I have had my new Ford 150 for about 3 months now - and - I haven't had to go back for a single problem. Stuff works these days.......mostly!!
mark poulson

Re: Another great Evinrude

Post by mark poulson »

Larry Hemphill wrote: Stuff works these days.......mostly!!
Larry, you're talking about most of us. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Whoopbass , glad to hear you bought a new Evinrude. Sponsorships are always year to year. But, sales like yours is why sponsors support circuits for promotion. I believe Evinrude will be onboard for years to come. PLUS, you just got a BAD A$$ engine!!!! Enjoy it!!

Anyone needing a demo on new Ranger/Evinrude ? I'll do my best to help with one.
Good luck Gary. I hope the move is a good one for you and your family.
Watch out for that Barrack guy. He's lurking somewhere in Texas, too.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bassmonkey1980

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

Dam and i thaught i was going to be the next kevin van dan. :lol:
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Couple questions that Anglers coming into the shop have asked.
1- Is the current schedule for team and pro/am dates correct as it is?
2-Will the payout stay the same?
3-Is there still live weigh in feed and TV promotion?
4-Who are the new owner/owners?

Thanks Gary and staff for all your hard work. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I think only the first and last lines in the original post registered in my brain when I first read it. "WWBT sold and rules/format changes will be announced shortly". Knowing Gary is an Evinrude guy I jumped to conclusions.
After I reread it i'm sorry to hear about your wife having health issues. That alone would be enough for a lot of people to toss in the towel. Then with you moving I guess there was only one decision.

Your right that Evinrude is a bad azz engine.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Rick G"]Couple questions that Anglers coming into the shop have asked.
1- Is the current schedule for team and pro/am dates correct as it is?

YES the Schedule will remain the same!!!!!!!!!!!

2-Will the payout stay the same?

Not sure but I suspect it will change a bit. No one knows the amount of lost dollars from the Morgans and myself. It's in the 100's of thousands. TV is super expensive plus we always paid back more than 100%. This has been discussed and I do know that payback will never fall below 90%...hopefully better than this.

3-Is there still live weigh in feed and TV promotion?

YES. TV and live feed for sure. The plans are to make it even better than it's been.

4-Who are the new owner/owners?

This will not be announced yet. The owners are industry people and have to work some things out. Too date there are no sponsor changes expected. The West needs WWBT and these guys will keep things going. You'll see most of the same people that's been there with WWBT!!

I'm sure there's more info to be posted in the next few days and weeks. Just figure on FISHING!!

I have some things happening in my life and someone else needed to take over WWBT!!! I'll always support them as well as sponsor them.....we simply need WWBT in the west!! Don't let this change stop you from supporting this great circuit!!

Rick Grover you ready to carry Evinrudes now??? You're missing the boat buddy :)

Thanks Gary and staff for all your hard work. Rick G.[/quote]
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Thanks Gary, planning to make Shasta! Have fun in Texas as I am sure you will miss Jerry Brown! Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

I am Happy for you and your family Gary, Thank you for allowing/asking me to be apart of your organization, I am looking forward to continuing with WWBT for the next step in this Awesome Organizations future. I hope you get a chance to come out and fish some of the events, I want to check your boat for Contingencies, hehehe.... Good Luck Sir..and Allison and I hope Cathy gets better soon so she can enjoy the Grandbabies....

Jason Bubier
Director- WWBT Ca.Team Events & Pro/Am Events ;)
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Rick G"]Thanks Gary, planning to make Shasta! Have fun in Texas as I am sure you will miss Jerry Brown! Rick G[/quote]

Rick I can promise.. I won't miss CA taxes. Glad to hear you'll be at Shasta. Thanks for your support here too. I'll be at Shasta and look forward to seeing everyone.

As you can see with his post, Jason Bubier and his AWESOME gang will be a crucial part going forward as well.

Change is always a bit scary, but not in this case!!
basshol

Post by basshol »

I was hoping the bubiers bought it
ddd

Post by ddd »

I know it’s about the fishing, it is about the fishing at the end of the day. The wwbt format, their sponsors, the contingencies, the payouts, it’s what we all want. But I think a lot of us want to be associated with a legend. The stories of Gary dobyns, the rods, the respect. Dobyns owns the west, he is the west(imho)
Family is always first of course and I wish the dobyns family the best and we should all be thankful for the time he has put in to wwbt and tournament fishing period.
But when I sign up for a wwbt event will it still be like I’m fishing with Gary dobyns?
Don’t get me wrong, the payouts have the drawing power but the thought of not being on the field with dobyns has me a little bummed.
I’m just a younger guy who has never met Gary dobyns, I wasn’t around for his days of dominance but the guy is one of my idols like bobby barrack and cooch. Idk, just my 2 sense. I wish the dobyns family and wwbt the best.