How to protect my maps?

Moderator: Ken Sauret

rodrigo_m20

How to protect my maps?

Post by rodrigo_m20 »

Hi,

I'm from Brasil and I made maps for my hds5 gen2 of some lakes here with the Insight map creator, this has spent a lot of my time and hard work to do, and some fishermen here want to buy my map (and maybe distribute or resell to your friends). So before selling to them I need to protect these files.

I read that is possible make my .at5 with a encryption, how can I do this?
I saw in the Insight map creator an option "encrypted card", i can't understand how it's work, in the manual says someting about a mmc copy aplication and i can't find anything about this on internet.

I realy apreciatte any advice.
Edd

Re: How to protect my maps?

Post by Edd »

If you recorded sonar logs and uploaded to Insight Genesis for map creation there are a few things happening. First is your Genesis account a paid or free account? If it is the free account all files you upload for maps are PUBLIC maps for any Genesis user. If you have the $99 a year paid account you have an option to make your maps private or public. No matter which account type you have, you can not sell your maps. Each map when created is created to work for a specific serial# on a single MFD. IOW you are already protected.