Post by mark poulson »

That was great! Thanks for sharing.
What year was that made?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Re: Found a awesome Cooch vid this morning

Post by Whoopbass »

WOW...What a wealth of knowledge. Who knew somebody could talk about jig fishing for 1hr:45 minutes.
Thanks for posting.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

Very neat to see this. I've been trying to read or watch as much of his stuff as possible since I've been here in California. I haven't put his advice for the Delta into success yet (bigger fish on jigs in deeper water), but I think it's going to be invaluable when it's all said and done for me. A new Delta bass fisherman like myself could easily get lost in all the above surface and shallow vegetation year in and year out, catch numbers, and miss out on fish of a lifetime. Especially when I only have a few years before the military will move me away.
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Kyle46N wrote:Very neat to see this. I've been trying to read or watch as much of his stuff as possible since I've been here in California. I haven't put his advice for the Delta into success yet (bigger fish on jigs in deeper water), but I think it's going to be invaluable when it's all said and done for me. A new Delta bass fisherman like myself could easily get lost in all the above surface and shallow vegetation year in and year out, catch numbers, and miss out on fish of a lifetime. Especially when I only have a few years before the military will move me away.
Don't feel too bad Kyle lol I still suck at fishing jigs deep in the Delta but have all the confidence in the world in using them in lakes from 15-40 feet deep. Its a love hate relationship with jigs and me in the Delta
steve black

Post by steve black »

The '' MAN '' was simply a genius ! He had my attention on every word for that 1hr 45 min. Maybe, if I had a teacher like that in high school, it might have made me more interested in school :D Cooch, just kept it simple and told it like it was, no thrills, just plain ole facts. Gonna miss that Man. :( RIP Master of the Jig IMO.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

To me he will always be the Grey Wizard of the Delta.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY