Vortex trailer hubs/Lucas oil

Rich hamilton

Vortex trailer hubs/Lucas oil

Post by Rich hamilton »

Something to consider, the no maintenance feature and warranty is pretty impressive. My new trailer axles came with this hub so hopefully one less thing to worry about! RR

If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Big Stick 74

Re: Vortex trailer hubs/Lucas oil

Post by Big Stick 74 »

Do not believe "No Maintenance" Uh, uh!! Thats total BS!! :lol:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Big Stick 74 wrote:Do not believe "No Maintenance" Uh, uh!! Thats total Bullsh%t!! :lol:
Have you checked out the Vault hubs?
https://www.pacifictrailers.com/pages/t ... ion-system
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Boy you guys have me worried now.

My trailer is a 2009 or 8 with a 2009 Ranger 177TR on it with everything loaded in it. I bought it in Aug/Sept 2016 with the original tires and wheel bearings - I think. ( motor only had used 24 gals of gas at that time) on the smart gauge

single axle

Now I'm scared to go in the garage to look at it. Those tires and bearings may blow up and break my fishing hand :shock:
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Big Stick 74

Post by Big Stick 74 »

These absurd "claims" of no service or maintenance required are to lure the unknowing and/or the lazy person into a FALSE sense of security. Nothing that is mechanical in nature is maintenance free! Nuff said!! :shock:
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Couldn't find a price, with rotors and calipers and without. Anybody have an idea ?
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

After watching the video, to include the diagram in the video, it seems the only difference between these hubs and others is the "triple seal" on that back? The issue is always with water getting in sooner or later and doing what water does. Ultimately the key is this new triple seal, and whether or not it can keep water out.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Last edited by Rich hamilton on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rod Martin wrote:Boy you guys have me worried now.

My trailer is a 2009 or 8 with a 2009 Ranger 177TR on it with everything loaded in it. I bought it in Aug/Sept 2016 with the original tires and wheel bearings - I think. ( motor only had used 24 gals of gas at that time) on the smart gauge

single axle

Now I'm scared to go in the garage to look at it. Those tires and bearings may blow up and break my fishing hand :shock:
Rod, Seriously, I would be nervous about 9-10 year old tires even if they look brand new. Keep a close eye on them.

Pat
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

single axle

Just as long as it's not your drinking hand!
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Pat wrote:

single axle

Rod, Seriously, I would be nervous about 9-10 year old tires even if they look brand new. Keep a close eye on them.

Pat

You guys woke me up. I will have new tires and hubs very soon.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote:

single axle

Hey I'm fighting for AOY in my club, the fishing hand is more important than the drinking hand. My wife will hold my drinks for me :lol:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

single axle

Hey I'm fighting for AOY in my club, the fishing hand is more important than the drinking hand. My wife will hold my drinks for me :lol:
She's a keeper! :wink:
CLEAN AND DRY