Hook2 or Elite-Ti or ?

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Rod Martin

Hook2 or Elite-Ti or ?

Post by Rod Martin »

Looking to upgrade. I am using a HDS 5 now and am wanting to move up BUT not break the bank.
In a 9" product what would be the differences in the hook2 and the Elite-Ti .

Most lakes I fish a 10' to 12' so I am really interested in the side scan and if they allow you to do the mapping with navionics.

Also in the Elite what is the difference in the Mid/High/totalscan and the Mid/high/lss-hd

Thanks
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Edd

Re: Hook2 or Elite-Ti or ?

Post by Edd »

IF you are using one MFD and not sharing info, the HOOK2/Tripleshot is a great value for CHIRP, 2D, and Imaging sonars. If you want touchscreen you will need to jump up to the ti series at minimum.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Edd wrote:IF you are using one MFD and not sharing info, the HOOK2/Tripleshot is a great value for CHIRP, 2D, and Imaging sonars. If you want touchscreen you will need to jump up to the ti series at minimum.

Can the hook2 do the wifi link and map transfer like a Elite ?

Thanks
Edd

Post by Edd »

Rod Martin wrote:
Edd wrote:IF you are using one MFD and not sharing info, the HOOK2/Tripleshot is a great value for CHIRP, 2D, and Imaging sonars. If you want touchscreen you will need to jump up to the ti series at minimum.

Can the hook2 do the wifi link and map transfer like a Elite ?

Thanks
No WiFi with HOOK2. Not sure what you mean by 'map transfer' if you are running one MFD only.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I'm sorry

I was watching a utube doing a navionics trail and waypoints on an iPad then using wifi to transfer them to a carbon on the post it said it could be done on elite units also. Was wondering if the hook2 would do that too

I'm looking to use front for sidescan mainly and back unit for mapping and scans but thought I might as well have both the same for a backup if one goes out
Edd

Post by Edd »

So if you want Ethernet (what you need for sharing all info/data) you need HDS Gen3 or HDS Carbon. The Elite ti series has some N2K support for sensors but no Ethernet.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

What is the difference between the LLS-HD and the Total Scan units? They are price the same on TW.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Edd

Post by Edd »

LSS-HD does NOT have 2D/CHIRP sonar, just StructureScan and Down Imaging.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

thank you for your answers. Now I'm totally messed up. I think more utube and maybe a day on the water before I put out the money for 2 new graphs. I need to narrow down what I want then fine the best unit to do it with. the most important for me is the side scan. if possible I want to be able to scan under docks and find brush piles homeowners may have planted
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought a HDS 7 gen 3 Tackle warehouse had on clearance. BUT received a call from TW the Gen3 I bought was their last and was not in shape to sell.
TW instead is sending a new HDS 7 Carbon . Now thats good service.

Will wait awhile and pickup a front unit once I have become proficient in the use of this one.

When I update my Navionics card it always says for my HDS 5, do I need to change anything for it to work in the new Carbon ?

Thanks
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought a HDS 7 gen 3 Tackle warehouse had on clearance. BUT received a call from TW the Gen3 I bought was their last and was not in shape to sell.
TW instead is sending a new HDS 7 Carbon . Now thats good service.

Will wait awhile and pickup a front unit once I have become proficient in the use of this one.

When I update my Navionics card it always says for my HDS 5, do I need to change anything for it to work in the new Carbon ?

Thanks
Good for them, and for you!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY